Chapter 16: To go or not to go

Neymar's POV

The cops pulled me out of the apartment and into their car. I could see Karla on the window crying and I tried to yell 'it's gonna be okay' but she didn't hear me. I just repeated it a few times hoping she would understand.

Although it was a small town, it had a prison in which they took me. I waited 24 hours before I could make a phone call. I think I was the only one n the whole building.

''Fuck. What's his number?'' I couldn't remember any of their phone numbers, 

''Hurry up, pretty boy!'' a man yelled from all the way across the hall holding his coffee. 

''Can I look in my phone for numbers? I can't remember any of them.'' I asked.

''No. And someone says footballers are not stupid...'' he said that last part quietly laughing and taking a sip of his coffee. ''You didn't even brng in a phone.''

I was hopeless. I'm sure that by now the news have been spread all over the world. I guess, somebody's got to come to bail me out. Right?

Daniel's POV

I was going through the news on the newspaper web site. My eyes were just about to shut when the header completely woke me up.

Sports: Neymar injured? Looks like not. We hoped, and so did the world, that Neymar wouldn't become a Linsday Lohan or any other troubled celeb. Yes, he's a goody in the public but what happened that fatal day in Croatia? The star has been seen with cuffs on his hands and was taken into prison. We ask again, is it only because of a girl?

I put my hands in my pockets to find my phone and call him. I had to find out if he really ended up in prison. After several attempts, the ringing stopped and he answered.

''Thank God, I thought this was true.'' I sighed in relief.

''Who is this?'' someone answered and it surely wasn't Neymar. ''Are you Daniel?'' 

''Yes, but, where's Neymar?'' I asked the girl who was replying.

''He's in jail. Since yesterday.'' she replied in a sad and silent voice.

I stayed silent for a couple of seconds because I didn't know what to say. I rubbed my hand against my head. The media was right. I need to bail him out.

''And you must be Karla.'' I said after a few seconds of silence.

''I am.'' she said and cheered up a bit. ''Daniel?'' she wanted to ask me something. ''I don't have the money to get him out. Do you know how can I do something for him to get out?'' 

''You just don't worry girl, I'll be with you in a few hours. I'll book a flight as soon as possible and I'll get him out.'' I put her on speaker and started to pack a few things to carry and money. I was immediately on the move to the airport.

She was talking to me the whole time. It must've been so hard for her. Finally, I boarded a flight to Croatia. 

(...)

''With this in mind, the defendant will be put in jail if he breaks the document. Neymar da Silva, you're  now released with a fine and a restraining order put up by the victim's parents. The country of Croatia and its laws made the verdict.''

Neymar turned to see Karla for maybe the last time. I hugged him and everybody started to leave the courtroom with Karla and her parents up front. He hurried to get to her. She felt his touch and shook a bit but nobody noticed. 

Karla's POV

It was Neymar's hands I felt on my waist. I took his hand and tightly held it but that nobody could see. When we were outside, my parents went to the judge for the paper and I was waiting in front of the building. He was just leaving with Dani when I came up to them.

''Thank you so much, I owe you so much, thank you.'' I hugged Dani as he was patting my back and kissed my forehead. I was just a teenager to them so he did that in a fatherly matter. And then I turned to Neymar but I looked every once in a while at the entrance to see if my parents were coming.

He smiled to me, but he was tired. I tightly hugged him not wanting to let him out of my arms. 

''Does this mean we're ending up like Romeo and Juliet?'' he asked. ''This is not a final goodbye.''

''You will call me, text me, email me, video chat me, snapchat me, tweet me, write me a letter, everything, you know?'' I said smiling.

''I will, I promise.'' he said and kissed me. 

''Hey! Karla, come here!'' I heard my dad's voice calling out my name.

''No, I don't want to leave.'' I quietly said to Neymar. ''It's okay, baby, you'l be okay.'' Neymar said as Dani was pulling him towards the car. He didn't want anymore trouble.

They were now by the car so I got in and went home. I was sick of argument too. I climbed up the stairs as fast as I could and laid on my bed because I was really tired and washed out. I took of my jacket, it was chilly at seven in the morning. When I threw it on the chair, something fell out of the pocket.

I sat on the bed and reached for a paper of some kind which was in my pocket. But it wasn't a miracle, I'd always find lost things in my pockets; money, receipts, gift cards... Only this time it was a ticket. 

One way plane ticket to Brazil. The flight was in two days. I want to go so bad. I have to figure something out in two days. 

Ola my lovelies! Well, school totally messed with my brain so I know you waited for this update (if you waited)  like a thirsty man water ( we say that here). I hope you like the new chapter and leave a comment below on what you think. You can also leave a suggestion on what do you think should happen next. And I have a question for you!

Q: Who do you think is/will be the villain in this story?

Thank you if you read, voted or commented, it means a world to me. Again I'm sorry for a long time of no updates. 

Love, K.