Chapter 15: Can you keep your promises?

''I just hope you know what you're doing.'' Dani said handing me a one-way ticket to Croatia.
''Actually I'm not. But I have to figure it out on the way there.'' I said.
''Do you even know where she lives?'' he asked.

''Fuck. I don't.'' and with that said my chances of seeing her again were ruined.

My stupidity costed me the trip. I never asked her where she lived, has she got any pets, what her favourite colour is. Actually, all I know for sure is her name and where she comes from.

''So what are you going to do now?'' Dani asked.

''Now I realized I don't know nothing about her. Isn't that crazy?'' I smiled at the end of the sentence. It was really funny I'm 'in love' with her although I don't even know who she is.

''Are you having second thoughts?'' Dani asked a bit worried. 

They haven't checked me out of the hospital so I was still waiting for the doctor to give me my release card. Exactly when Dani asked his question a visitor came in to my room. The one I never expected to come.

''Ola.'' she said a bit shy. Dani immediately turned around but I think he recognized her voice before he saw her face.

''Ola Bruna.'' I barely could say. 

My eyes turned to Dani because I was surprised by her visit as much as he was. She came closer with a 'get well' card and a sandwich from the fast food restaurant she would always beg to go. 

''Thank you. Um... You surprised me.'' with that said Dani slowly exited the room laughing silently.

''Well, I heard you were in the hospital so I came by, you know, I was worried.'' she said.

By now she was sitting on the bed right next to me. She handed me the card with a smile on her face. I took it and quickly looked over it although I wasn't really interested in it. 

''It's really considerate of you.'' I said while patting her hand.

''I hope you like it. You said you're not a present person but I thought you would like this.'' Bruna smiled a bit and so did I.

Soon she was so close to me that our legs would touch with every move we made. The flashes of the moments we were together were before my eyes. But I had to get rid of them. 

''I may sound like a total dick right now but I know you didn't come just to ask me how am I. What is the real reason you came?'' I stood up and put my hands on her shoulders. After all, I knew her too well to not recognize her intentions.

''I came for you, amor.'' she replied right away, with no hesitation.
''I told you I loved you on the same night you did. And the reason I was never around is because you were always away!  Do you know where I was when you broke up with me? I was standing in front of your hotel after ten hours of bus ride.'' she said almost screaming.

''Bruna... I am a real dick. Don't you know I'm aware of that?'' I sat on the nearby chair and looked at her tired face.

The thoughts were already deep inside my brain. I broke up with a girl who came all the way from Rio just to see me. Now what? Bruna didn't deserve what she got and Karla can't suffer because of my repetitive stupidity. 

''I still love you Junior.'' she said in a sweet voice looking up to me.

Junior. Why does that word keep appearing in their sentences? It's like they're so much alike. 

(...)

''What happened after?'' Thiago was asking over and over.

I kept quiet because I knew they would freak out when I'd say what came next.