chapter twenty two

Luke and Hayden decided that weekend getaway trips were going to be their thing. They had been going on one every week since their first trip, a few weeks ago. The next trip that was in the works was a week-long trip to Melbourne, but this time everyone was going to be involved. Jackson, Regan, and Hunter got to tag along with the couple and their third wheel, Calum. Michael and Abby wanted to go, but Luke decided it was best to wait until the next trip.

"I love traveling." Hayden said, while smiling. "Can't we just fly to Melbourne? I love flying, too."

"Do you think I'm made of money?" He laughed. "Granted, flights aren't too expensive, but I need to save up for future trips." Luke grabbed a pile of clothes from the laundry basket and began putting them away in his closet.

"What about gas? Won't it cost more to pay for gas and drive rather than to fly all of us?" Hayden scrolled through her computer, checking out flight prices.

"I don't know, why don't you calculate it, smarty-pants?" Luke loved teasing Hayden about her grades and schoolwork. Luke barely passed senior year and Hayden completed senior year classes and graduated from cyber school before the end of her official junior year.

"I bet it's cheaper. And, future trips? Where else are you planning to take me?" Hayden's smirk was obvious. Luke could feel it burning in the back of his head even while turned around.

He kept his head facing the other way. "I'd like to take you to the other major cities. Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, you know. Maybe we can one day just drive the perimeter of the country. We can spend weeks, even months doing it." Hayden's face lit up. "We could be a new person in every city we visited, meeting people on the way. How fun would that be?"

"Can we pretend that we're married?" She asked, finally getting Luke to turn around.

"We can pretend we're married and we can even pretend Jackson is our son. Imagine the look on their faces finding out the two of us," Luke pointed back and forth between the couple, "have a nine year old son!"

"I like the sound of this, Mr. Hemmings." Hayden faked a British accent.

"And I like you, Mrs. Hemmings." He smiled, quickly kissing Hayden. "You like the sound of our plans, but you know what I like? The sound of you with my last name. It flows off my tongue so smoothly."

"I like it too." Hayden giggled like a little school girl, closing her eyes as she laughed. Luke took this chance to kiss her, catching her off guard. Their lips softly molded together, Hayden still slightly laughing with her lips on Luke. His hands went behind his back, swiftly pulling his shirt off. Hayden's body fell down on the bed, with Luke on top of her.

Calum quickly opened the door, breaking up the two. "Hayden, we need to talk." His facial expressions did not show something Hayden should be looking forward to. Luke flustered, standing up.

He awkwardly pointed towards the door. "I'll just-" He stood up, grabbed his shirt and walked out.

"Are you doing drugs?" He asked as soon as the door slammed shut.

"What do you mean?" Hayden asked him, concerned. If Calum knew about what Luke and Hayden were doing on their weekend trips away and time alone, then Liz was sure to know soon after.

"I was doing the wash, and a bag of weed fell out of Luke's pants."

Hayden eyed him. "They were Luke's pants, why do you think I'm doing drugs?"

"You and Luke have been inseperable since we got here, Hay." That was true. Luke and Hayden never left each other's sides except for the rare occasion that Luke wanted to hang out with his friends on his own. Hayden didn't mind, she needed a break from Luke, too. She even got some quality time with Calum out of it.