chapter seven

Hayden woke up the next morning, and looked to her right to see Luke slowly opening his eyes conveniently at the exact same time. "Morning, Andy, how'd you sleep?"

Hayden slowly rubbed her eyes. "I slept fine, how about you?"

"Well, considering I slept on a hardwood floor, it wasn't too great. But I managed, for the sake of the guests." Luke shot Hayden a glare, and she reciprocated by smiling that I'm innocent kind of smile.

Hayden rolled out of bed slowly and went into Luke's attached bathroom to brush her teeth and hair. She peeked out the doorway to see Luke fixing his hair in the morning. "Are you kidding me? It's like 8 am. Do you really care that much about your hair?"

"I gotta look good for Regan, ya know. I heard she has the hots for me." Luke said, referring to the 13-year-old sister of Hayden.

"Shut up, and stop worrying about your hair." Hayden continued to fix herself before walking out of the bathroom and putting on a pair of shorts, as she thought it would be deemed inappropriate to walk around a house full of people in just spandex and a t-shirt.

Luke didn't seem to mind, though, because he still had his shirt off, and looked like he wasn't planning on putting one on any time soon.

He turned around and eyed Hayden, especially admiring how great her ass looked in the spandex before she hiked on a pair of gymshorts. He was internally disappointed but didn't want to be a perv and say anything out loud.

Instead, he asked, "Want to go get some breakfast? I'm starved."

"Sure! I'm really hungry too, oh my god."

Luke opened his bedroom door and motioned for Hayden to go first. As soon as the two stepped out into the hallway, a tired Calum emerged from his bedroom. He stared at the two and then once he thought he knew what had gone on, his eyes almost bulged out of his head. "You t-, you g-, you- you-"

Luke laughed at Calum embarrassing himself. "Speak english, Cal."

"You two didn't sleep together last night, right?" He asked with astonishment.

Luke just glared at him. "By sleep together you mean..."

"OH MY GOD YOU DID." Calum looked almost disgusted at his own accusation. "Guys, I'm gonna throw up, that's so gross," He walked away looking like he had seen a ghost.

Hunter and Calum passed each other in the hallway as Hunter added commentary and said, "What's got his panties all up in a bunch?"

"Nothing, Hunt. Don't worry about it."

Luke and Hayden just giggled and walked into the kitchen to get breakfast. Jackson was already outside swimming in the pool with Regan, and Calum was pulling out a box of cereal from the cabinet. "Want some?" He asked, gesturing towards the cereal.

"Sure." Hayden said. She walked over to the kitchen table with Luke and sat down, staring out the window occasionally watching Jackson and Regan.

Calum brought the bowls of cereal to the table and sat down with the pair. "So, um, you guys didn't really sleep together last night, did you?" He looked so uncomfortable thinking about the thought of his best friends being together.

Giggles erupted from Hayden's mouth as she said, "We slept in the same room last night but we didn't sleep together in the context that you're thinking about. Luke slept on the floor, and I slept in his bed."

A sigh of relief escaped Calum's mouth. "Thank god. I didn't want to have to deal with that, yet at least." He took a spoonful of his cereal and stared at Luke. "Wait... I thought you two didn't like each other yesterday. What happened?"