chapter fourteen

It had been almost two weeks since Christmas, and everyone was still diligently enjoying their free time off from work and school and all responsibilities.

Ashton had spent the two weeks packing up for his visit to Miami, along with Hayden, Luke, Calum and Michael.

The five of them were going to Miami to check out Ashton's college before he made his final decision to transfer.

When Ashton told the boys he was planning on going to college they had gotten really upset over it. They were all planning on just being kids for a while before they had to become adults, but props to Ashton for getting a jump start on this. If this is what he wanted to do with his life, then so be it. He was probably making a smarter decision than the other three anyway.

The flight to Miami had been long and tiresome but it was so worth it when they got there.

"This is so nice!" Ashton spoke in awe as they walked through the college campus. He had a map in his hand as his eyes went back and forth from the map to the large stone buildings.

They wandered the paths looking for the admissions building as a huge grin was plastered on his face. "You must really be excited, man." Luke said.

Ashton didn't respond, he just continued to smile. Everyone could tell he loved Miami already. The admissions building was not far from where they started.

Ashton had to enroll for the second semester as soon as possible. Hayden, Calum, Luke, or Michael didn't even planned on him coming home. Ashton said huge goodbyes to his mom, sister, and brother when he left so it was expected.

The five of them quickly made their way to the admissions office.

"Ashton Irwin?" The admissions advisor called out. He shot up from his seat and wandered back into her office with the short, old lady.

The other four discussed plans quietly while he was in his interview.

"Can we go to lunch after this, I'm so hungry." Calum complained.

"Let's just go back to the hotel for a little to get settled, alright? We've been on a plane all night and I bet we all look it too." Luke said. He was right, they did all look exhausted.

Michael quickly took out his phone and searched for places to eat near the hotel. "Guys, there's a diner that's like a block from the hotel, we should just go to that!"

"Alright, sounds good, but how about for dinner? I need a nap, and it's almost two anyway." Hayden pleaded.

It was silent after Hayden spoke. Three teenage boys and a teenage girl together had never been so quiet.

A soft sound was spoken from the end of the hallway. "It was very nice to meet you, Mr. Irwin. I hope I'll be seeing you around campus these next four years."
Ashton grinned wider than he had earlier looking at the campus.

The admissions advisor, who's name happened to be Mrs. White, took a look at the four other teenagers sitting in the chairs waiting. "And are you four joining us for the next few years as well?"

Luke hopped up. "No ma'am, just came along for moral support for our friend. We're heading back to Australia next week."

"Well," Mrs. White started. "You all seem like lovely young gentlemen." Hayden's head peeked out from behind Luke. "Oh, and lady. I do apologize."

Hayden laughed. "No worries. Ash, you ready to go?"

"Yes I am! Thank you again for this Mrs. White. I'm sorry it was such late notice."

"Of course, Ashton. We're pleased to have such a bright young gentleman as part of our student body."

He nodded and walked off along with the four others.