chapter twenty one

The motel had been occupied by Hayden and Luke for almost four days. They didn't want to go home, and despite Liz and Hunter's constant calls, they stayed at the motel. Breakfast lunch and dinner were at the diner and the rest of the extra time was spent lounging and bed, and using up the rest of the weed they had left.

Hayden took a liking to the drug. It made her feel unusually happy and it made her have so much love for Luke that she didn't know was possible.

Luke liked it a lot more than Hayden did, seeing as Hayden opened up more with a drug in her system. She was more carefree and didn't have the feeling in the back of her head that she was being judged every time she did something. Luke enjoyed the carefree Hayden.

Her head rested on Luke's bare chest as she began to wake up. Luke had been awake for almost an hour, but he couldn't bare to wake Hayden up by moving, and he enjoyed watching her sleep.

"Good morning," Hayden whispered. She tilted her head up and kissed Luke good morning.

"Morning, Hay." He replied after the kiss, and smiled.

Hayden shifted off of Luke into a more comfortable position. "Maybe we should go back home today." She pondered. Her arm stretched out to the bedside table, reaching for her phone. Ten missed calls from Calum, five from Hunter and two from Abby. She had a few texts as well, some from a random number. She showed Luke her lock screen filled with notifications and groaned.

"Maybe we should. But I want to stay here with you." He grinned.

"You can be at home with me!" Hayden said.

"But at home we have to deal with your siblings and my mom." He paused. "And Calum."

"Stop it, you're acting like Calum hates you. You two had a minor fight and I bet you can move past it."

Hayden began multitasking, holding a conversation with Luke while checking her messages. They almost all read "come home please" or "i miss you" but Hayden really enjoyed her time being with Luke.

A random number had sent a few messages as well.
It read hi hayden, its kelly from miami! this may seem weird but i got your number from ashtons phone

Hayden responded: hi kelly, whats up?

She quickly replied: i need ashton help. and i know you may not be as close with him but luke is and i need help basically figuring him out

Another message followed: i think i like him but i cant tell if he likes me. weve hooked up alot but what if hes just using me? this is where luke comes in he should be able to tell me what kind of person ashton is, right? i havent known him that long and he really doesnt disclose anything about past relationships

Kelly seemed really worried about this situation. luke said hes definitely a relationship person and he doesnt hook up just because. he did once at a party but he only kissed the girl and never saw her again. if you two hook up alot hes probably into you :)

She responded. thanks so much hayden!!

Hayden and Kelly continued texting making meaningless conversation and even though Kelly was halfway across the world, Hayden loved having her as a friend already.

"You done?" Luke laughed at Hayden. "You've been on your phone for nearly a half hour. Want to pay attention to your boyfriend a little?"

Hayden rolled onto her side and kissed Luke, taking him by surprise. She pulled away, waiting for a reaction, and she quickly got one. Luke pulled Hayden onto his lap and began kissing her. His hands traveled down her pajama-clad body and Hayden's hands were firmly placed on his chest.