chapter ten

"So how does it feel to be a high school graduate?" Hayden asked Luke.

"Isn't nearly as exciting as I thought it would be, but I am so glad to be done with school. Until next year, that is."

Luke, Michael, and Ashton decided to have a joint graduation party with all of their family and friends, the night of graduation. Neither of them anticipated that Hayden and Calum would be at the graduation party let alone living with Luke for God knows how long.

All four boys and Hunter were centered around the food table. "Oh my god these cookies are so heavenly, thanks Hay!" Calum expressed his gratitude towards Hayden.

"You're welcome!" Hayden went to grab one of her own cookies, but opted to grab a piece of broccoli.

"Come on Andy, I told my mom no one would eat any of the veggies she put out. Why wouldn't you eat a piece of cake or something? Broccoli is gross."

"You're gross Luke, and I happened to like broccoli, thank you very much."

Calum chimed in. "How do you think she got that body? Not by eating cake all day, that's for sure."

Hayden's eyes went big as her backhand hit Calum's bicep. "Calum!"

"What? I'm just stating the truth."

"Okay, hello, I know you all want my sister, but remember I am her brother so lets talk about this when I'm not here, thank you." Hunter spoke as he continued to shove food in his face.

"Hey Hunt," Hayden said. "Why don't you go entertain Regan and Jackson? Or go check out those cuties over there?" She gestured for the group of teenage girls laying out by Luke's pool.

"Sweet," Hunter fixed his hair and checked his teeth in his phone's front camera and strutted over towards the teenagers leaving Hayden alone with Luke, Calum, Ashton, and Michael.

Silence was awkward and obvious between the five kids, er, young adults, for the most part. The five of them had not really connected since they arrived in Australia almost a week ago. Hayden had spent most of her time attached at the hip to Luke, the two had really taken a liking to each other. Calum would occasionally spend time with the two, but it was pretty obvious he had become extremely jealous over them being so close so fast. He had claimed that he spent 16 years of his life with Hayden and did not come up with the bond that Luke and Hayden were experiencing in only one week.

It was alright until Hayden had brought up Luke's graduation to Calum a few days ago. He, at first, was not fond of her going, but he doesn't control her. She told him that she was going anyway, and to make sure not too much tension would be caused by this, he accompanied her.

Hayden and Calum pretty much knew everything about each other, but he could not feel more estranged from her than he did that first week.

Ashton and Michael had made a horrible first impression on Hayden, and she still was not a fan of them. Her temper had gotten the best of her, and Calum assured his two new friends that she would cool down in a few days. Everything had just happened so fast.

Calum and Luke's relationship had gone along swimmingly. They were back to being the normal best friends they were ten-or so-years ago. Luke made a bad first impression on both of them, everyone just needing a few days to figure everyone else out.

"Andy, have you thought about what we talked about yet?" Luke asked. The rest of the group wasn't paying attention, or so Luke thought, but as soon as he brought something somewhat mysterious sounding, all their attention turned to Hayden and Luke.

Michael and Ashton eyed each other suspiciously as Calum interjected. "What did you talk about?"

"It's none of your businesses, its between us two, okay?" Luke grabbed Hayden's hand and walked off away from the group. Normally this would be taken as a romantic gesture, but Hayden didn't feel anything at all.