3: Past or the Future?

"Hey Chichu! What are you doing here at the gym?" Jimin appeared beside Jisoo.

"Huh? Ah— nothing." Jisoo replied.

"What happened to you arm? It's bleeding!" Jimin noted as he saw Jisoo's right arm with a gash. "Let's go to the infirmary and get that treated!" Jimin grabbed Jisoo's wrist but even before they they could take a step, Jisoo pulled her hand back.

"I'm fine Jimin. It's just a small scratch. I have to go." Jisoo stated and immediately left the gym.

Jimin who was playing basket ball at that time also saw how Jisoo saved Taehyung earlier. He suddenly felt bad for not being able to save his childhood friend earlier. He thought about following Jisoo but girls suddenly flocked him, stopping him from coming after Jisoo.

"Hey Jimin, why aren't you playing?"

"Come on, sunbae. We want to see you play more."

Jimin contemplated. "Alright, alright." Jimin finally decided to go back play, thinking that Jisoo would be okay.

***

The following day, Jisoo attended classes feeling down. She was too occupied feeling hurt at the way Taehyung took care of Tzuyu yesterday. By the end of the day, Jisoo's friends became even more worried.

"Come on, Soo. Cheer up." Jennie said.

"Yeah. If you want, we can still continue our Operation Cupi—" Lisa's words was cut off when Jisoo hissed towards her direction. "Or maybe not."

"I swear, If you guys will do something dangerous towards my Taetae, I will not let it slide this time." Jisoo warned.

"What so dangerous about being hit by a basket ball?" Jennie wondered.

"Ball?" Jisoo's brows creased, feeling confused.

"Yeah. Yoongi told us that he was supposed to hit Taehyung by a ball while playing basket ball. He was there, right? He was our inside man." Jennie added.

"Then— the lamp. It wasn't the lamp?" Jisoo looked even more confused, then she suddenly remember Chaeyoung's words.

"You should really take heed my warning, Jisoo-ssi. You wouldn't want to change the future! If you continue to intervene, consequences will get you— bad things might happen to you and to everyone around you!"

"Sh*t. Now I've done it." Jisoo whispered to herself. "I've got to go. See you girls later!"

Jisoo immediately left, thinking about looking for Chaeyoung. By the time that Jisoo reached the back of the school building, she saw a group of girls surrounding someone. When Jisoo spotted Seulgi in the group, she became sure that Chaeyoung was there too.

"Get lost, you losers." Jisoo spat, glaring at Chaeyoung's bullies.

"You again." Seulgi hissed, glaring towards Jisoo.

"If you will not get lost, I'll be sure to tell my friends about this. Now choose." Jisoo threatened.

Seulgi's friends immediately took several steps back and Seulgi couldn't help but bite her lips in fury. Before leaving them, she made sure to give Jisoo and Chaeyoung her death glare.

"I'll get you next time. I swear." Seulgi stated.

When Jisoo was left with Chaeyoung, she quickly faced the girl. Chaeyoung looked like she was about to cry and Jisoo thought to make sure she'll get revenge for Chaeyoung next time she see those bullies.

"Are you alright?" Jisoo asked.

Chaeyoung sniffed. "I'm fine, thanks." She answered. "What do you want?"