12: The Choice

A day ago, at the Hospital:

"You're right. It was Taehyung-ssi who was in that car. It was my fault that he got into an accident. And finally, it was me who brought you back into the past, Jisoo-ssi."

Jisoo was in a state of shock after Chaeyoung's revelation. Jisoo couldn't believe the fact that Chaeyoung came from the future too and the fact that she was the one who brought her. So many questions flooded inside her head and Chaeyoung seemed to know exactly what clouding her head.

"I don't know exactly how but I know the fact that somehow, my strong desire to be with my grandma somehow brought me here. It's just that the moment I died, Taehyung somehow entangled in my wishful thinking." Chaeyoung started to explain.

"But that doesn't explain why I came back too. And why Taehyung isn't the one remembering the future since the both of you were in that exact time of the accident." Jisoo butted in.

"Maybe it's about the urge or the yearning of a person. Me, having the urge to be with my grandma again, and you wanting for Taehyung to survive." Chaeyoung answered.

And it all made sense to Jisoo now. Somehow, it felt like she managed to save Taehyung from that time, turning back the time. But somehow, turning back the time just made things worse to the present time. And Jisoo suddenly felt guilty, seeing the unconscious body of Chaeyoung's grandmother.

"So why did you finally revealed these things to me?" Jisoo finally asked the question.

Chaeyoung looked uncertain for what she was about to tell her. "As you already know the truth, I might as well add the fact that I didn't attended the same high school as you and Taehyung." Chaeyoung added, making Jisoo adamant as she indeed didn't recall someone like her. "I might as well the first one to change the past since I decided to attend your school, but I coupon't help it since I was curious about Taehyung and that day when I was following him, I also noticed you following him. That's when I found out about you coming from the future too."

Jisoo kept listening and Chaeyoung continued talking. "I wanted to offer you the choices that you have to consider in order to reach a conclusion. And it might just get you back to your future self or not." Chaeyoung started.

"Choices?" Jisoo repeated, feeling terrified by the sudden statement.

"Yes. As things are getting worse, it's best to take a course of action. And you have your own choices as I have mine in order to resolve everything." Chaeyoung stated.

"Ok. Let me hear them." Jisoo acceded.

"First, You have to avoid Kim Taehyung and everything that concerns him. Meaning, you have to completely disappear in his life until it's time for you two to meet again. It might not be too late and might just turn back everything to normal." Chaeyoung narrated and Jisoo's face immediately scowled.

"You might already know my answer to that." Jisoo glared, not liking the idea.

"But think about it. It may just help Taehyung's family a little bit? We know his mother is getting worse and you could buy some more time for them." Chaeyoung reasoned and it made Jisoo doubtful once again.

"What's the other option?" Jisoo asked, changing the topic.

"It would be staying by Taehyung's side, supporting him in any way possible. Meaning, you'll have the freedom of showing your love to him wholeheartedly especially during the possible hardships that may come in your way. Remember, you have to consider the possibility of losing Taehyung's family." Chaeyoung prompted, making Jisoo's face fell.

***

Present:

Chaeyoung felt pain in her chest as she stared her dying grandmother. She knew that soon, she will be left all alone again. She recalled the time when her grandma died and her dying wish was for her to live on and she did, but it was not easy. And now, Chaeyoung didn't know if she could do it again.