Chapter 32

A few days Later

Marionette's POV

The past couple of days have been great! I finished my dress for the design competition, I'm on top of all my schoolwork, and Luka and I have been getting super close! I literally couldn't be any happier. I haven't been this excited about something since I left home. School was finally over and it was time to go home. I was walking to my car when I was stopped by a female voice I new all too well. "Hey Marionette!" I turned around to see none other than the famous Mackenzie rushing up to me with one fake smile plastered on her face. I turned around and smiled at her with annoyance in my eyes. "Hi Mackenzie. What do you want?" She looked shocked at my tone but disregarded it and kept going, "Oh nothing much! I just wanted to know what your doing for the fashion design contest." I smirked at her and turned around to leave, if you want to copy my design, your going to have to do better than that.

When I heard nothing but silence from her end, I proceeded to walk to my car and hop in. I shut the doors and looked on my phone to see what's been going on with the world. A whole bunch of the headlines were, of course, about Gabriel Agreste's wedding and how the whole thing fell apart. Well....it didn't really fall apart....it more like.....lopsided. Of course Gabriel wouldn't leave the love of his life for his assistant. It was only a matter of time before he realized he was making a mistake. My thing is....why would he leave her for Natalie in the first place? Always changing his mind about things. Like father like son

We pulled up into the driveway and I hopped out of the car and got inside. Grandma texted me earlier saying she was going out and I would have the whole house to myself tonight.  So I did what anybody would do and took a nice long nap. When I woke up it was about 6 pm, and I had a ton of missed calls on my phone. They were from the principal. What would the principal want from me? I hope I'm not in trouble. I decided to call back, fearing the worst. 

ring ring ring

Principal: Hello?

Mari: Hello Sir, this is Marionette...uh.....did you want to speak to me?

Principal: Ah yes! Marionette! One of my best students. I would like you to do a favor for me.

Mari: Oh! Uhhh, yes sir.

Principal: You know very well that finals week is fast approaching. And we have a struggling student I would like you to tutor in math.

Mari: Oh, well, sir....Math isn't one of my best subjects.....

Principal: Of course it is! You've had the highest tests scores in your grade all year! Please Marionette.....her dad said he'd pay big money.

Mari: Well sir I'm sure there are plenty of other students who score high on math tests in our grade. If this particular student's dad is paying, why hasn't anyone volunteered?

Principal: The students who needs tutoring is Veronica.

Mari: Oh.

Principal: Yep.

Mari: sigh. Well I guess if no one else is willing to hel....

Principal: Great! I'll give her your number tomorrow so you two can set up a time to meet. Thanks again Marionette!

hangs up

"Ugh!" I said as I plopped back down on my bed, "Out of all the people that would need help in math....Veronica?" I buried my head in my pillow wishing I had never responded to that call. Now I'm stuck tutoring one of the meanest, nastiest students in school. I think I might need some extra help.....

AN: Hey everyone! I know this chapter is short and not what ya'll expected and I'm so sorry for that! A lot went down over the Christmas break and I have a huge tests I'm studying for. But trust me I'm working on other chapters as we speak. I really appreciate all the reads and comments I've been getting. You guys are truly an inspiration to me and the reason I try to find time to continue writing! See you all in the next chapter!