Chapter 7

AN- A new POV???

Emilie's POV

-------FLASHBACK---------

"Why? Why can't you be modest for five minutes and realize your making a mistake?!" I yelled at my husband Gabriel. Yep, the famous Gabriel Agreste. "Nothing!" he screamed back, "can't you just realize that i'm busy!? I don't have to pay attention to you 24/7!"  I looked at him with rage. He doesn't understand dose he? We miss him, the old him. And by "we" I mean me and my son Adrien. And by "the old him" I mean the Gabriel who took his family above everything else. Now he's just a selfish.....good for nothing excuse for a husband! "Ugh! I can't believe you! All you ever do is sit in that office and  type....or design....or...or.....UGH!" By this time, he looked outraged. I can tell because he was slowly turning a dark shade of red. "Listen to me Gabriel, if your not gonna cut the act for me, at least show our son that you love him! He misses you! And all you ever do is stay in that office all day every day doing only God knows what!" This triggered him, "SHUT UP!" I was taken aback by this, was he talking to me? "NO!" I fired back, "YOU CAN...." before I could finish, he raised his hand and slapped me.....hard. I fell on the floor and gabbed my cheek. I could tell it was red so I got back up to go put some ice on it. "YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME! I DON"T HAVE TIME FOR YOU OR YOUR SON RIGHT NOW! AND YOU BETTER GET THAT QUICK!" I looked at him, hurt by his words and actions. I was done. done with this marriage, done with his constant yelling, just done. But what about Adrien? My sweet baby boy. If I leave maybe I can take him with me. Yeah! That's what 'll do. And then I can keep this....swan from coming near him. I left the room without another word to him and went to put some ice on my red cheek. After putting the ice, I went to make sure that Adrien was asleep, thankfully he was. As I looked at him, I wondered if what I was about to do was best for me or for him? Leaving Gabriel would mean that Adrien would have to choose between us. And I don't want him to have to do that at such a young age. And if we go to court and I loose him, Gabriel won't be able to take care of him properly. I closed his door and went to sleep in the guest room that night. And the next morning, I went to the law firm.  "Hello ma'am," the lady at the front desk said, "how may we help you?" "Yes please," I replied, "I would like to file a divorce....."

---------FLASHBACK OVER---------

I lay in my bed crying as I remembered the events of that night and the next morning. We both signed the documents necessary for the divorce and went to court for Adrien. I lost him to Gabriel and he made sure that I wasn't allowed to see him. Actually, the last time I saw him he was crying for his mommy while being carried away by Gabriel's bodyguard. I guess my little baby knew what was going on. And he didn't like it. To him, his parents separating was a nightmare and to me and Gabriel, it was a dream come true. Honestly, when he agreed to sign those documents I was happy. Happier than happy. But we were both being selfish. I moved out of Gabriel's house and now I live on the other side of France. (AN- I have no idea where that is! :)) far away from Gabriel. But sometimes, when I remember the moments we shared, the special ones, I miss him. I wish that we were still one big happy family. But with his Fashion business, that's not possible. Not anymore. And I miss Adrien. I wonder how my little baby is doing. He's probably so grown up by now. Maybe I should go visit him? And make things right between Gabriel and I? No. It wouldn't be a good idea. If he's the man I divorced, then he'd do everything to keep me out of Paris. Let alone his house. Maybe I can contact Adrien! Get him to come visit? No. Then he'd be on bad terms with his father. Oh, I hope Gabriel is showing Adrien how much he loves him. I hope Marionette and Adrien are still friends.  And maybe when i'm ready, i'll go make things right with my husband and son.

Gabriel's POV

I work too much....I realized that. But sometimes its hard to stop. Especially when you've got the next big fashion empire to run. As I sit in the living room, for the first time in what feels like forever, I think about Emily, my ex wife, and the fight we had the night before she filed for a divorce. That night, she was right about everything she said.....I work too much. To the point where I didn't even pay attention to my family. And Adrien needs a mother. Emily will never take me back, not after everything I did to her. I have to look for someone else, someone that has been there for Adrien when I wasn't, someone that knows him even better than me.....someone like.....Natalie. I got up from where I was sitting. How could I? Natalie she's my assistant. But she is pretty cute. And she does help, a lot. But wouldn't that complicate things between her and Adrien? Maybe I should ask him for his consent first.

Adrien's POV

School was finally over, I went back to the janitors closet to see if Maritrash was still there but she wasn't. I just shrugged and went over to my limo where I saw Natalie and Gorilla waiting for me. "Hello Adrien, " Natalie said with a sunny smile, "how was school?" "Good, " I replied. She opened the door for me and I hopped inside. When we got home I saw my father.....standing outside waiting for us? Wow, I guess there's a first time for everything. "Hello Adrien," he said ......with a smile? What is going on? "H....hello father." "How was school?" "Good" "That's great, come inside and lets sit down. There's somethings we need to discuss." We walked inside and I put my bag down and sat down on the couch across from him. "So, what did you want to discuss?" I said nervously, this was the first time my dad had done anything like this before. And it didn't take him long to get straight to the point. " I want to marry Natalie."