Chapter 20

AN: Yeah so, I decided to introduce Luka in America to add flavor???? On with the story!

-------------One Week Later In Paris------------

Natalie's POV

Gabriel had made it known that he wanted the wedding to be as soon as possible. I had already started contacting all my family members and giving them all he information they needed. I still can't believe I'm going from secretary/babysitter to Wife/stepmom. A part of me feels like this is the best decision I'll ever make. I love Gabriel and he loves me too, and I'm so happy that we're getting married. But on the other hand, I know deep down Emily is hurting. Even though she doesn't show it. I mean, she was the one who hired me to take care of Adrien. Maybe if she had know this years ago she wouldn't have. And Adrien is of course disappointed in me. He doesn't want me as his mom. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't even value me as a person anymore. I don't blame him though. He wants his parents back together. 

Even through all the hurt, Emily agree to go dress shopping with me and some of the few friends that I have; Kate, Jewel, Lisa, Stella, and Cassidy. I chose Cass to be my maid of honor and the rest bridesmaids. A part of me said to ask Emily but I vetoed it because I knew this experience is already awkward for her. All of my friends were also introduced to me by Emily. So I know she feels betrayed. 

We all got into the limo and drove to one of the best Bridal shops in Paris. Metal Flaque. (AN: I just searched it up) We walked in and there was a woman standing at the door, with jet black hair and black-brown eyes. She was pale-ish, and wore a black pantsuit with a white top under. "Hello ladies! One of you must be Natalie." I looked at her and smiled, "Yes, that's me." "Great! Hi I'm Michelle." She shook my hand and took a step back to examine "what she had to work with." "Well, we have a lot of dresses here and no budget so let's go." We all followed her into a back room with dresses on every hanger. The plan was to first look for my dree, then come back for the bridesmaids dresses later. 

"Well, you ladies look for anything that you think will fit your friend. And Natalie, you come with me." I followed her, leaving my friends and Emily behind.

Emily's POV

I agreed to follow Natalie to her bridal dress shopping so it wouldn't look as if I was jealous or something. Natalie followed Michelle out of the room leaving me and my friends to shop for dresses. I could feel them staring at me once in a while and it was so awkward. Finally, Lisa turned around and gave a loud hiss. "Ugh! Seriously Emily?! You're gonna let her steal Gabriel away from you? Just like that?" I looked at her with tears threatening to fall, "Well, Gabriel made his choice. And he chose her." Kate threw the dress she was holding down on the floor, "Bullshit. He chose her....HIS SECRETARY....... YOUR EX BABYSITTER.......over you? And you wanna tell me your just gonna let that happen?" Stella got up from her chair and touched my shoulder, "Emily, this is the height of betrayal. Are you really gonna stand for this? I mean, why do you think Audrey didn't come?" 

It's true. I had invited Audrey to attend but she was outraged and refused. Truly, nobody wanted Natalie and Gabriel to get married. Especially not me. I felt so betrayed and hurt. I picked her up off the ground, and gave her a life. I agreed with Gabriel when he said he wanted to make her his secretary, I introduced her to all of my friends and included her in every family gathering and occasion. I did everything to make her feel important and loved. And after all that, after all the charity, the only thing she could do to pay me back is take away the only thing that ever mattered to me. 

At this point a mixture of anger and sadness flowed through me. The tears that I was trying so hard to conceal started seeping out. All my girls came and gave me a hug. "It'll be okay girl," said Jewel, "Yeah," Lisa continued, "if Gabriel can't see how amazing you are then he's not worth it. He and Natalie can have each other." The consolation they were giving me made me feel a whole lot better. I dried the tears and our hug separated as Natalie and Michelle walked in. Natalie was wearing a beautiful white dress, very extravagant.