Chapter 3

Her POV

To avoid further conflict with my mother I decided it would be best to obey her commands and make myself present at the Ricci's dinner party, which I later found out from my father would be held at my 'fiancee's' house.

I was very annoyed by the decision I had made, to say the least. Nevertheless, at 6 pm, I dressed in a dress that my mom picked out and sent over. It was a tad too long for my tastes, but I remained quiet on the issue to keep the peace. I left the house immediately after putting my hair into a nice updo and slipping my shoes on.

Upon entering the car and firing up the engine I entered the location into the GPS and started my journey. Almost an hour later I pulled into the open gates of a mansion which led to a grand and seemingly everlasting driveway. When I finally pulled up in front of the house my jaw dropped in shock. Calling this place a house was an understatement. It was nothing short of being a mansion.

I quickly grabbed my purse and killed the engine of my car. I handed the keys to the valet personnel, who stood beside my car. Pulling my phone from my bag I dialed my father's number to make him aware of my arrival. He picked up on the first ring and directed me to the ballroom where the guests and the hosts of the party were sipping on champagne silently judging one another.

I made my way over to my parents just as Mr & Mrs. Ricci walked away, their son in tow. I watched as the family walked up to the platform and Mrs. Ricci clanked her glass to get everyone's attention. My mother chose this time to turn to me and say, " I see you decided against being stubborn and wear the outfit I picked out for you. You'll make such a good and submissive wife." This statement of course made my blood boil. Submissive wife?????!!!! Me? She must be going senile. Not willing to cause a scene I kept my thoughts to myself and remained quiet. She smiled in triumph. I scoffed. My dad watched as usual.

At this point Mrs. Ricci was in the middle of her 'thanks for coming hope you enjoy everything' speech. " Now I hope you all didn't think we hosted this dinner party just for you to come and eat with us. We hosted this dinner party because it will serve as Luca's engagement party. His beautiful fiancee will be joining us on stage soon.", she said and suddenly everything made sense. This was why my mother insisted upon my presence here tonight, this was why she picked out my outfit and forced me to go get my hair done.

This was our engagement party.

Had he been in on it?

Did he want to get married to me?

Why am I still standing here?

"Honey?, honey", my mother's voice beaconed me back to the present," They need you up there beside your fiancee", she beamed at me whilst slightly dragging me towards the stage. To ensure that I actually went up there I received a personal escort from my mother straight to Luca. I was angry beyond belief.

I stood in shock beside my supposed fiancee like a deer caught in headlights. "Aren't they so cute together?", my future mother in law gushed,the crowd before us muttered their approval.

After the fiasco Luca pulled me away to the balcony so we could finally have a one on one conversation. Standing outside with him under the light of the stars and the moon made me realize how strikingly handsome he was. Would I ever let him know that? No. Never.

" I know you don't want to go through with this Vanessa and neither do I but from what we both can see our parents will stop at nothing to get what they want and right now they want us together." he said

" Yeah but what about what we want? Does that no longer matter once they want something?" I questioned

" Hear what we get married and after a year of putting on the shennannigans for our parents and the media we get a divorce and go our separate ways. Deal?"

It sounded like a good enough idea so I said, "Deal."

After our little business deal we remained on the balcony hiding from our families and the guests. We laughed, had champagne and got to know each other. That's when I realized that he's not that bad.

At 12 am I remembered that I had work so I decided that it was time to leave. I bid everyone good night and took my leave. As soon as I got home I went straight to bed after completing my night routine.

6 Months Later

Tommorrow is my wedding day. I honestly never thought I'd be saying these words. Even though I wasn't in love with my husband to be I was still excited for the experience.

Due to me not having any friends I would be spending the day alone while Luca was going to be spending the day with his friends. He had offered for me to spend time with them but I declined as I didn't want to impose.

Day Of The Wedding

"Good moooorrriiiinnnnniiinnggg bride to be." my mother's voice chimed

I groaned and rolled over. My mom proceeded to open the curtains letting the sun stream in through the window, blinding me in the process.

I mustered up the strength to get up from the bed. My mom walked over to my bed and sat down and started talking, " You know hun I know how stubborn you are and I never thought you'd go along with this plan but I'm glad you did."

Without answering I stalked lazily into my bathroom to take a shower and get ready for the day I had ahead of me.

My mother stood up from the bed and said, "Well hurry up and get downstairs cause we have a lot of things to do today before your wedding."