Chapter 2

Her POV

That's it my parents had officially crossed the line. They had no place going out and finding me a whole HUSBAND, most normal parents get their daughters clothes and stuff, not husbands! I was furious, to say the least. So furious that I didn't even unpack my clutch I simply threw it down on the couch and flopped down to remove these gorgeous but painful shoes. Too bad I had wasted an outfit on my parents' attempt to marry me off to a guy I didn't even know. I wonder what could possibly be in it for them? Knowing my parents they don't do anything unless they can receive some sort of benefit.

However, I would waste no more time lamenting on my parents' shenanigans. I stood up from my place on the couch to remove the sparkly item of clothing that adorned my body. I reached around to my back and swiftly unzipped the dress and let it fall in a pool at my feet. Quickly I bent down to pick both my shoes and the dress from off the floor. I stalked into my room lazily and placed the dress in my empty clothes hamper and my shoes in the closet. I shut it with a sigh and walked over to my bed where I had left an oversized tee folded up this morning and pulled it over my body. I dropped down unto my bed with a loud groan and before I knew it I had passed out in the warmth and comfort of my bed.

His POV

I was currently still sitting in the restaurant with my parents and their "friends", we were all still in shock from the departure of the beautiful girl who I had learned was supposed to be my wife. I knew my parents disapproved greatly of the playboy lifestyle I led and I knew my parents wanted me to be a 'family guy' like my brothers were and I also knew that they would stop at nothing to make sure I led the kind of life they wanted me to live but this left me aghast, and I'll admit that her saying she didn't want to marry me kind of bruised my ego. However, I put on a cool face around my parents and sat there like their obedient little puppy.

"Mr. and Mrs. Ricci we do apologize for the belligerent behavior of our daughter. We will see to it that she comes to her senses and she WILL be marrying your son.", said Mrs. Mitchell

"Oh darling we know you will handle the situation promptly.", said my mom.

All three men at the table remained silent and simply watched and listened to the exchange between the two women. 

" Well then shall we order some food?", questioned Mr.Mitchell while flagging down a passing waitress who placed some menus on our table not before taking notice of me and began trying to act seductive.

My mother quickly took notice of this and gave the girl a disgusted look which was enough to cause the girl to scurry off in embarrassment.

Her POV

The next day arrived quicker than I had anticipated and before I knew it I was putting on my 'CEO clothes' and heading out the door. I entered the tall skyscraper building which served as the base of my chain of hotels. I say that because this is where the financial and other aspects of the company takes place. I was soon greeted by my assistant who began briefing me on the day's proceedings. and after she finished doing that she stated " Oh and your parents are in your office awaiting your arrival." 

I groaned inwardly. What a wonderful way to start the day( note the sarcasm). I already knew that they were here to chastise me for what I had done yesterday.  It is so sad to know that at the age of 24 I was still receiving lectures from my parents but it was inevitable with my parents because as long as I dared to have a mind of my own I was bound to be lectured about it. I braced myself, put on my business face, collected my morning coffee from my assistant, and thanked her, and made my way to my office to meet the storm that was coming.

As I approached the big glass door of my office I could see both my parents' well-postured frames, my mother appeared to be ranting to my father; more than likely about me and my father was simply listening as always. I mustered up the courage and pushed open the door and as soon as I entered the well-conditioned room my mother flew up from her seat and stalked toward me in a fit of anger. 

" How dare you, how dare you cause such a scene in that restaurant yesterday in front of all those people and in front of your soon to be husband and in-laws. We are a well-known family in this city and that's how you choose to carry on? It appears to me that you could care less about our reputation. You ought to consider yourself lucky that such an aristocratic family wants you to be their son's wife. If I were you I'd be jumping for joy and another thing they are having a dinner party tonight and you will be in attendance no ifs and or buts. Do I make myself clear Vanessa?", my mother droned

" Are quite finished as yet mother?" I asked as I knew it would tick her off

If it weren't for her dark complexion she would be red and smoke would be coming out of her ears.

" Are you getting smart with me Vanessa?" she asked while stepping closer to me

My father quickly stood between the both of us before my mother could step any further

"Mother, father I have some business to attend to so if you both don't mind you may take your leave. Oh and enjoy the rest of your day." I said with a sickly sweet smile plastered onto my face.

With a growl, my mother grabbed her purse and my father's arm and stormed out.

"Bye sweetheart I heard my dad yell."

I shut my door and went to sit in my chair and began attending to the pile of paperwork on my desk.