The Princess

Leia Organa was a busy woman, revered by her people who she represented in the senate. Her heart was all in the fight of ridding the galaxy of the Empire.

She sat in her room on Coruscant. She hoped that sending out the word of Jyn Erso would cover up the pilot and his message. She felt horrible for using her old friend as a distraction, but she could be dead for all she knew.

Leia looked back down at the datapad, trying to discern her best way of flipping the emperor's idiotic views on authoritarianism. Leia had been appointed senator by her father not long ago but she had already tasked herself with one of the most difficult fights in the senate.

Why do you fight them? Some people ask her.

Ruling a galaxy does not ordain practices of violence toward citizens or use of fear and threats to planetary systems. Ruling a galaxy is a matter of democracy where there are large differences between all aspects of beliefs in all rims.

Instead of brainstorming new ideas, she checked the news. The announcer on the holo looked grim.

"The holy city of Ni-Jeddha has been destroyed in a mining incident. The empire believes a rouge bomb went off, activating all other bombs in the vicinity and causing the city to explode."

Leia gasped and put her hand to her mouth. Debris and rock floated merrily over the crater that was once the Holy City.

"Some speculate that this was the work of a group of rebel terrorists, who were known to use extreme violence to vocalize. The terrorists had been attacking the mining facility and all imperial connected transports the earlier weeks. Sources cannot confirm nor deny these claims. More at 0900."

Leia let the holo-broadcast continue as she tried to reestablish her own sense of control. She wished she could comm her father but he was at the rebel base on Yavin 4.

The Alliance most likely had sent a team to collect the message from Saw Guerrera. He and his partisans were no longer. Maybe individually, but there was no way all of them survived.

Leia looked at the ceiling, still in shock. Hopefully, the team had gotten the message and were on the way to the next destination. Leia prayed to whoever or whatever was listening that all was well with the Alliance. A small hope went out that Jyn, one of her briefest memories, would answer her call.

Her comm rung.