Chapter 6

Do you think he likes me ..because only an enthusiast would wanna hear your voice right ?
Okay whether he does or not ,I'll just assume he likes me back ..ughh I would really wanna go on a date with him but I can't ..I mean my skin reaction remember?
That's all I kept thinking about all day ..I've crushed on so many guys but him ...it's totally different ,I've finally started to believe that It's love !

   But I don't wanna fall in love again ..you might be wondering why ..well it's a total different story .Back then when I was in high school ,there's this guy I met .He has been crushing on me since year 10 and I finally accepted him at year 11 .I was just 16 then and he's my senior because he was at his senior year when he asked me out .To be honest ,I just accepted him with no intentions to fall or develop any feelings for him .Muhammad..that was his name ,he was named after his paternal grandfather..well you might be wondering how deep I know him ..I dated him for 3 years ..yes 3 years !

I accepted his proposal but still cheated on him on our first year of relationship..I've never thought that I'll develop any feelings for him but I was wrong ..It's a love that I've never expected ..it was sudden ...really sudden !
We only spent a year together before he left for college..I attended my high school at Abuja before we moved to Bauchi ..which is where I base now .

Over the time we spent together..I really believed in love ..I mean he doesn't wanna see me hurt ,he basically picks up my lunch bags ,my notes ..he gave me princess treatment .For a moment ,I've never thought that it won't work out between us .He made many sacrifices for me ,when I was just a shitty cheating girlfriend..I get jealous over him and stuffs ,I hate to see him with any other girl ,even if it's his classmate but I still double dated .

He got to know that I was cheating on him eventually,he was so heartbroken and I felt extremely bad too .I mean this is a guy that stood up for me ,he was my rock ,my beacon ,literally the one that understood my pain ,my bad temper and my mood swings .
I tried so hard to win his trust back and that was the moment I finally believed that I've feelings for him too .With a sincere apology , I promised Muhammad to be loyal and never to hurt him again and boomm we sorted things out .His last year in high school was my best memory ever ,we were always together ,he was literally my comfort zone !                                         
     At long last ,Muhammad finally graduated and we were still on communicating terms ..I missed him a lot..I mean I missed my personal assistant..coux he sometimes does my homework and stuffs .He left for College of Law at United Arab Emirates .Back then ,he was 19 when I was 16 ..I mean cute interval right ?

It was more of a long distance relationship with him after he left for college ..we FaceTime ,chat and had late night calls .Us against the world ..that was the stage we were at .I was so loyal to him and I believed he was too ..but turns out boys are stupid ..I devoted my whole life to our relationship ,I was so committed to him when I had many boys at my radar ..I closed any door that will let any other guy get close to me except him .I really trusted him until I learned that he made a new girlfriend there ...Natasha ,that was her name .
   It was a sunny afternoon when I was crocheting..my phone ranged and it was an international phone number ,I was quite surprised ..but still picked up because I had many friends living abroad . 

Do you know who you're talking to ?....a female voice asked

No I don't ...I replied

Well I'm Natasha ...she declared !

And I want you to stay away from my man ..she restated

What man ? .. I asked furiously.

Muhammad !! ...she announced

Muhammad bashir ....she proclaimed..

Guess what ? Muhammad sent her to do that to me ..I mean a guy I entrusted with my heart !
What hurts more is that he could have just told me himself that he has lost feelings ..It will hurt for sure but I've to accept it and move on ..rather he sent a bitch he left me for to call and tell me shits .Until today I'm regretting not insulting that bitch ..but guess what ..I did the right thing ,I mean Muhammad supposed to be the one that gets insulted right ?
For he wrote the song ..she only danced to the tune ..I cried like It was the end for me ..I was depressed for months ,I self harmed ..like that was a guy that asked me out when I had no interest in him ..I've never been in a sincere relationship like that ..but I was the one that got dumped at the end of the day .

Days after ..Muhammad still had to guts to call me and pretended as if everything was okay ..Lord of heaven ! How do men get the audacity to mess up and still act like everything is okay ..I mean how do they do that .

Hey baby ...that was Muhammad's statement immediately I picked up

Hey liar ...I answered

I heard your message from your girlfriend and I'll respectfully ask you to leave me alone and never call me again ....I announced !

Which girlfriend....he confidently asked

Natasha !! I yelled

She's just my friend ...he declared

For god sake how do you lie and still have the confidence to talk to someone again ...I questioned him

You're a cheat ,a liar ,and a hypocrite..I shouted !

Don't ever call me again !

How did she got my number hunn? I asked him

I ...I....I don't know ...he stuttered

Don't ever call me again ..I hung up trying not to cry .

Does he think I'm stupid ? I sobbed ...without wasting any time ,I blocked his number and un-added him from all my socials .I was really hurt ..I dumped my phone on my bed and hugged my pillow crying .

———————————————————-

I really have a reason not to believe in love again right ?

Do you think Junaid is going to be different from Muhammad ?