Chapter 7

It's been 3 days since I've started using the medicines prescribed for my allergy reactions and so far there's no change .
I mean I still have my pimpled skin ,so Ammi decided that we should try some Islamic remedy .

Back then when I was young ,there's this uncle of mine that's more of a scholar ...Amir ,that was his name but as little Aneesa I called him uncle Amir .He's my mother's paternal cousin and he visits us time to time .So when mom conferred with him ,he asked her some certain questions which she narrated the incident that happened between me and the filthy person I slapped to him .As Muslims we are to believe in Nazar (evil eye ) ,some don't but it's real I assure you .
Some people just make a comment about your looks and before you know it ..things can change ,some don't know they have it while some do it out of wickedness.

It happened to one of my cousins ,when she was just 9 ..her name is layla and she's shuwa arab ..she has this long silky hair which everyone adores .One day ,a lady visited her house ..nobody knew of the lady's identity nor her purpose in the house ,I bet they're all those people that are looking for help ,that's what we all assumed .Layla's mother offered the lady some pasta ,rice and some perishable foods for charity ..and when the lady was leaving ,she stated

" Hey baby girl you've a nice hair " the unknown lady complimented Layla

And since from that day ,layla's hair started ripping off..her hair just seems to depilate every hour till she became bald .It was so sad because Layla had the most amazing hair .

And that's why y'all should never joke with "Auzu bikalimatil lahii tamaat,min kulli
shaitanin wa hamma,wa min kulli ainil laama"

Anyways ,Uncle Amir brought this mixture of black seed,zamzam ,olive oil ,and talbīnah which I'm to use 3 times a day and handed it over to mom .Yes I'm that reckless ..Ammi always has to force me to take my medications .
Well it's an Islamic remedy for evil eye ,black magic and curses .

It's now day 3 since I've started using uncle Amir's remedy and ughhh no change ..I feel like I'm stuck with my pimpled skin forever ..I sobbed before getting up from my bed to brush my teeth ..I wore my bathrobe and then headed to the bathroom to take my morning shower after brushing my teeth .

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I screamed immediately after taking a peek at the mirror,when Ammi hastily bumped into my room .

What's wrong with youuuu??.....she asked furiously

Mom come in and seeeeee....I broached happily ,opening the bathroom door for her

" Al-Al-Alhamdulillah " Ammi finally developed the courage to speak out ,it was so obvious that she's speechless ..I mean she's happy and shocked at the same time

" My pimples are gone Ammi ,My pimples are gone " I said excitedly just like a young girl that was gifted a free candy

" Alhamdulillah..Alhamdulillah " I restated when tears of joy slowly rolled down my smooth cheeks

" Dadddd " ...I ran downstairs not minding that I was wearing a bathrobe ,I mean who cares ..I'm so thrilled at this point

" My pimples are gone dad ,my pimples are gone " I screamed

" Maashallah " he uttered immediately .

" No more skin irritation for my baby " he proclaimed

I headed back to my room to take my shower ..but as excited aneesa of course I couldn't ,I had to call my friends and tell them and they were all happy for me too ..I mean skin disorder is the worst if you've experienced it .Skin disorder really got me well ,because immediately I was done showering ,I performed ablution and decided to pray two raakats to thank Allah .
When I was done ,I walked to my closet to dress up and then went downstairs to take my breakfast ,it was really a golden day for me because I was filled with joy .

In the afternoon ,I settled on the couch to finish up my crochet when Junaid called ..is it a bag ,is it a purse ..nobody knows because I wasn't done yet .

" Aneeesatuuuu I'm at the gate " Junaid said pouting

" Wait you're kidding right " I questioned him curiously

" Come find out " he declared

How do I look ..how do I look ..that was the first thing I became conscious of ,he can't be serious ,I kept saying .Luckily I wasn't dressed like a tomboy today ,I was wearing an Abayah so I just took my veil and wrapped it across my shoulders because I was wearing a vintage scarf already .And of course a lipgloss ..because I'm obsessed !

Anyways ,I walked out of the living room ,wore my crocs and headed out to confirm .
It really was himm..my stomach growled ,not because I was hungry but nervous .

" This your gateman is really lazy ..he's always sleeping " Junaid said jokingly

" let's talk about you surprising me " I protested

" Did Nayla sent you ? "  I asked curiously

" Will you just let me in madam "  Junaid uttered

I opened the gate for him and he drove in with his car .Apparently ,I'm the assistant unpaid gateman ..you know that's why I sometimes wish I had a brother just like my friends do ..I'm the only one and sometimes I get lonely ..okay you caught me ,I need an assistant to help me with this house chores .But still ,I wish I had another sibling .

" Come in " I muttered showing Junaid the way to the living room .

" What about your parents "..he asked

" Dugh my dad is not home and Ammi won't mind " I told him

" So did Nayla really sent you or ..."

" Or what ? " he said mocking me

" Anyways I just decided to pay you a visit " ..he proclaimed

He's really sweet and funny ,we chatted for about an hour ,he exchanged pleasantries with Ammi and I also brought some appetizers and refreshments for him .We both didn't mentioned anything that will make our conversation weird ,and when it was 3:00pm already ,he departed to his place of work because some dude called him to inform him that some of the goods they ordered had arrived .I packaged some of the snacks for him and accompanied him to where he parked his car when he was leaving .We really enjoyed each other's company ..It was a combo of happiness for me ..my allergy reactions were gone and my crush visited me ..it's like apart from "Pretty Aneesa" am also "Lucky Aneesa" .

———————————————————-
Do you think Junaid likes Aneesa back ?

Will he ask her out ?

Will she consider him ?

Well we'll find out