-Six-

(Billie's pov)
"Baby...Baby wake up."
I fluttered my eyes open to meet Aleah's brown ones, a smile immediately being put on my face.

"Happy anniversary baby." I whispered.

"You remembered!" She exclaimed, shocked. I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Of course I did! Why on Earth wouldn't I remember the day I married the love of my life?!"

Exactly 4 years ago today me and Aleah got married, and it was one of the best days of my life. The other being when Leo was born.

"Can you believe it's been 4 years?" She layed her chin my chest as I played with her hair.

"Crazy right? You know it's been 11 years since we've met?"

"What?! No way!" She said baffled.

"Yeah. Let's see we met when I was 16 you were 15 and now I'm 27 you're 26. That's 11 years baby."

She smiled in astonishment, laying a kiss to my lips. We sat in a comfortable silence for a while just gazing at each other.

Although anniversaries are thought to be one of the most special things ever. Me and Aleah never went big on any of our anniversaries. One time we just layed in bed and cuddled all day. We didn't feel the need to go out and do these big extravagant things, we knew how much we loved each other and we didn't need to prove it.

"Guess what?" Aleah said. "I got all the papers filled out. All we need to do is go by the agency and have them look over everything and we have our little girl." She told me with a smile on her face.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah you just gotta sign them and we're good to go."

I smiled wide and pulled her on top of me wrapping my arms around her as she giggled. Pulling back to pepper kisses all over her face.

"You're amazing you know that?"
She blushed and leaned down to kiss me passionately and I ever so subtlety started to remove her shirt.

"What do you say we take these off and have some fun?"

"Ah ah, no no no. I have to go into work soon and take Leo to your mom's." 

"Ugh why work, it's our anniversary baby."
I cutely pouted at her.

"I know my love it'll be quick I promise I'll only be gone for a few hours. I just have to check on a few patients and then I'll be back I promise."

I sighed as I went to play with a strand of her hair, twirling it around my fingers.
"Your dad still there?" I asked softly.

She nodded her head.
"Yeah, but one of my colleagues said I should just pull the plug. He's not getting any better so.." her sentence trailed off as she went to grasp my pendant.

"Oh, I'm so sorry baby."

Surprisingly she just shrugged her shoulders, "I'll be okay."
She pecked my lips and got out of bed, heading into the closet to get dressed.

"You're not upset?" I asked confused.

"I mean I guess but it's not like he was the worlds best dad or anything. Not that I'm happy to see him go, I'm just not that sad I guess."

I had a feeling that there was something she wasn't telling me but I let it slide. People grieve in different ways.

I got out of bed heading into Leo's room to wake him up. I got him dressed and attempted to do his hair which never works so I called Aleah in to do it. She got his hair fixed and helped him put his shoes on, taking him out to the car.