Pain and Denial

It's been roughly two hours since Alastor's servant has left. It's rather peculiar. Never would have thought he would even allow her to leave on her own, especially with the possible dangers she may face if not careful. Not because she is an inept young girl living in the cruel and unforgiving world that is Hell, but because she's a fae demon. She doesn't know who and what she is or what kind of risks she's putting herself into. Demons as well as sinners will eventually figure it out and hunt her down. And when that happens... the outcome of it will be disastrous.

Madame Aura briefly glanced down at the three blood samples in her hand. It was a surprise that Alastor managed to take a few samples of her blood. It must've been very hard for him to go through with it when he is easily triggered by the scent of his servant's blood. Whatever methods he had used to make her unconscious, Aura will not question it. However, there were still a few concerning matters she should bring up before proceeding with the antibody serum.

"Alastor," the witch doctor began in a serious tone. "Do you mind explaining to me what were you doing in the kitchen with your handmaiden?"

When she turned around, she could see the radio demon sitting idly at the table with his chin resting on his hand, glancing away from her in an uninterested manner. He was well aware of what he did, yet he didn't seem to care at the slightest. How typical of him. Just what she would expect from an individual from the 1920s.

"Alastor." Aura began to walk towards the table he was sitting at, tucking away the blood samples carefully in the strap that held her dress up. She then folded her arms as she stared down at the deer demon with a hardened expression. "I know it's not my business to know what you do with your servant exactly, but with your ever-growing fascination with (Y/n), I can't help but worry for the worst."

"And what's it to you, Aura?" he scoffed, avoiding her scowling gaze. "It's not like I have any major plans for her. I'm taking much better care of her like you wanted so what's the problem?"

"Something's going on between you and your servant, isn't there?"

"And whatever could you possibly mean by that?" he laughed. "There's nothing going on between her and I. I can assure you that what we have is completely harmless."

Ugh. How can this man lie through his teeth with a smile on his face? It's quite loathsome in a way that she can't describe.

"I don't believe you. Not for one second," she remarked bluntly in a skeptical tone. "I've already warned you to not let yourself get too attached to your little handmaiden. Especially in your current condition. If the other sinners catch on, they will not hesitate to go after her to get to you. That's including the other overlords."

"Ha! I would love to see them try." The radio demon then picked up a newspaper off the table next to him, skimming his eyes through the pages while he chuckled to himself.

Aura silently shook her head at him. He doesn't get it; he's not aware of what's happening right now, nor is he taking this seriously. For a few days, she had been observing their relationship with each other and while not much stood out, she only managed to pick up on two or three things. The first thing she noticed was how unusually forward he is around (Y/n). Being strangely affectionate when it's completely outside his character, the consistent flirting that he rarely does, how he would stare at her every now and then like a predator eyeing their next meal. It's quite strange.

Secondly, Alastor was always insistent on having his handmaiden around him at all times. This one was quite understandable with (Y/n) being a fae demon and all. Alastor would occasionally exhibit possessive and territorial behavior on a moderate level. With how liable his handmaiden was to getting into unforeseen trouble, of course Alastor had to be there to get her out of it. But for some odd reason, he's been displaying it more often around even Aura, purposely pulling (Y/n) away from her the second he suspects something.