Mr. Fear

Alastor watched you sleep on the couch, staring at your peaceful and restful state. Just a few hours ago, you were struck with such fear that it made his heart race. He could never get bored of striking fear into others. The mere mention of his name was more than enough to send chills down their spine. Even so, he may have scared you a little too much. He reached out and gently stroked your cheek with the back part of his finger. Such a lovely creature. How you were able to become so elusive to track down was still a mystery to him. However, that alone added more thrill to the hunt. Once he finally had you locked in his sights, you were good as his.

His own personal trophy.

His eyes skimmed over to the deep scratches on your thigh. To his surprise, it has already begun to heal. Alastor could still taste the sweet tang of blood on his tongue. It was unusually sweet for a demon's blood, which somehow reminded him of a certain fruit. The moment it touched his lips, a strange sense of euphoria washed over him. It was like trying an exquisite piece of chocolate for the very first time. He loved it. He wanted more. But of course, he couldn't kill you. Yes, he agreed to protect you and he could change his mind about it if his patience with you ran out, but Alastor knew deep down inside that you deserved more than what you had. You were possibly the only being in Hell that was constantly unhappy, terrified, and broken. So terribly broken that you would go as far as suicide to escape the pain and torment. Alastor was willing to offer what he has to make you happy. However, after what took place in this very room and tasting a bit of your blood, he wasn't very sure he would be as willing to keep you alive as before. The one thing he knows for a fact: it became addicting.

Alastor curled his fingers into a tight fist, taking in slow breaths as he tries to restrain himself. It took him nearly all of his willpower not to leap at you and tear you apart. He would give anything to taste it again. No. More than that. He yearns for the sweet nectarine that runs through your veins. You looked so helpless. So tender and weak. A delicious-looking prey. He shook his head at that thought. Dammit. Never in his damned afterlife would something as meager as this could make him feel this uneasy around another demon such as you. Especially when he has already promised to keep you safe.

"You really are special, (Y/n)," he spoke in a low voice. "You may as well be the first to make me lose my composure like this..."

--

You woke up on the couch shivering from the small draft near the window. As you were gradually pulling yourself out of your drowsy state, you noticed that Alastor was nowhere to be found. Not that you'd care; he practically tore your inner thigh open! You glanced at the wound on your leg, now bandaged and wrapped with care. Seems that he decided to treat your leg after all, you thought. Although, it didn't hurt as much as it did a few hours ago. Did Alastor do something to it to make it heal faster?

Putting that aside, you checked the time on the clock and it was nearly fifteen minutes till eight. "Shit! I need to get ready!" You leaped off the couch and sprinted back to your room. You were already in your dress Alastor made for you. You might as well wear it out while you still had the chance. You grabbed your purse and shoved anything that you need inside before slipping on your high heel ankle boots before making your way to the door. Just when you opened the door...

"Hello, (Y/n)!" Alastor stood on the other side of the door frame with his signature smile, causing you to yelp from being startled and taking a small step back.

"Alastor!" you scowled, rather unintentionally while glaring at him. "You can't just pop up out of nowhere like that!"

He gave you a questioning glance before speaking. "Well now. Are we ready to get going?"

"What do you mean, 'we'? I'm just going to work and I can fight on my own."

"Remember our agreement, dear," the Radio Demon reminded in a more threatening tone. Crap. You almost forgot about that. He has to act as an escort for you whenever you had the need to go out. Even if you could manage on your own, perhaps it wouldn't be too bad to have him tag along.