Hour Zero

You were sitting at your table, surrounded by a few demons that saw your dance with Alastor. They all seemed to really love the show you put on for the crowd. Especially the song you chose for it. You simply told them that it was a personal choice and you just went with it. Honestly, you're surprised that they didn't heckle you for your choice of song; in fact, it just made you more interesting.

Meanwhile, while you were having a conversation with the attendees, Alastor and Aura were holding their own conversation at the buffet table. He didn't want to leave you behind but he didn't want you to overhear things that weren't meant for your ears. During his conversation with Aura, Alastor informed her about Marigold's ambush during her last song, which captured her attention.

"That's unbelievable," she said. "Marigold tried to attack you during her song? How was she able to do that?"

"That's what I wanted to know as well." Alastor picked up a small hors d'oeuvres from his plate with his claws and took a rather large bite of it. "By the way, the necklace you gave me. What was that?"

"The necklace?" She took a moment to remember what he was talking about, now recalling the necklace she gave him before she left. "Ah right. That necklace I gave you is called the priestess necklace; an ancient relic used to dispel any form of magic that comes in proximity of the wearer," she stated. "I assume the necklace did something while you were confronted by Marigold?"

"Well... that's the thing: it didn't pick up on this weird spell she casted but not until after she charged at me with her sword." Alastor shoved another hors d'oeuvres in his mouth as he made a glance at Aura.

"Probably it's because her sword is imbued with a different kind of magic separate from the one in her spell. Although, I've never heard of someone from her time that uses a sword as a weapon of choice."

More than ever, Aura now had a reason to become even more suspicious of Marigold based on Alastor's array of statements. Why would she choose to wield a sword when it's far more convenient for her to use a gun with ease? Does her spell restrict her usage of weapons when in effect? It made her a bit curious about these unusual "limitations".

"Hey Aura? Auuuuraaaa?" The deer demon waved his hand in front of her face to get her attention. "Is anybody home?" Aura snapped out of her deep thought, blinking several times before gazing up at the radio demon. "Did you hear what I just said?" he asked.

"Um, no. Sorry. What were you saying?"

"I said that it still doesn't explain the deal with her magic spell she casted," he repeated himself. "Of course, if not for the necklace, I would have suffered some damage to my body."

"I'm afraid that'll be the least of your worries, old man," a voice spoke with a sneer.

Aura and Alastor both peered over to the familiar TV headed demon, Vox. He was leaning against the edge of the buffet table casually with his arms crossed, leering at the two deer demons next to him.

"Excuse me, but I do believe that this is a private conversation we're having," the witch doctor specified rudely.

"Oh, don't be like that, Miss Aura," Vox laughed. "I only came by to let you in on a few things regarding Marigold. It may even help you out in the future."

"We're not interested," Alastor said in refusal. "Now why don't you go find something else to do with your time rather than eavesdrop on a private matter?"

"Wait a second, Alastor," Aura spoke to him. "Let's hear him out for right now before dismissing him entirely." The witch doctor then turned back to Vox with a cold gaze. "Alright then. Speak."