Chapter 15

Mentions of Suicide. Read at your own risk.

Running his hand along the wall, Tony walked slowly to the light at the end of the hallway. He was worried about what the doctor would say on the topic of the omega's attack. It's been a few days now and she hasn't been well - finding the empty jar of suppressants while she was napping, an unpleasant scent coming from her room.

"Hey, Bruce," he said softly. He smiled at the doctor when he turned his eyes to him.

"Hi Tony," he replied deadpanned and continued his work. He was focused on his task and he knew Tony didn't bring good news. Still, he glanced back up at the billionaire. "What are you doing up this late?"

"I can ask you the same thing," Tony smiled and sat on a stool, out of the way. He sighed, leaning back. "The entire Tower is on edge-"

"Did you just come from her room?" Bruce interrupted, a smell coming to his nose. Something he didn't recognized but he knew her scent.

Tony nodded. "Yea, why?"

Bruce huffed. "Why didn't see-"

Tony, confused a second ago, understood what was coming out of his mouth. "She tried to commit suicide, Bruce," he said rather slowly and quietly. "I found the jar for her suppressants empty and the wrappers everywhere.

Bruce shook his head. "I-I can't replicate them, Tony," he announced, nearly slamming his instruments into the table. "I've run tests on how they work, nothing. But with the generic suppressants-"

"She can't have them because of her blood, we know that," Tony repeated from the other night.

"No," Bruce urged. "The suppressants attack her reproductive and immune system, causing her to become very sick and would have eventually killed her."

"What are you-"

"Hydra possibly gave the serum to her to keep her alive."

The realization of the issue reflexed Tony's face quickly. Kaylee was not only in danger of her coming heats but also herself. He thought about her attempt. She was scared of going into heat. She was looking for a new safe place the other night, he thought and began thinking of new ways to make her and everyone safe as Bruce began to focus on his work, the conversation over.

"Tony!" a voice down the hall called after the elevator dinged. The voice sounded frantic. "Tony! Bruce!"

The brunette billionaire quickly stood up, seeing Pepper in the windows coming down the hall. "What's go-"

"It's Kaylee," she breathed. "She's in heat and it's not looking good."

So with a few things going on, I managed to get this done. I decided to go with my first chapter outline so I can get to the more interesting stuff as the next few chapters are going to be tense in some parts so bare with me.

I'm sorry it's shorter than the others but I am starting to get back into the story. The outline lists till Chapter 20 so I'll figure something from there to bring an ending.

Thank you all for hanging around, 4 years later.