Chapter 8

The session with Bucky ended just a bit over sad. He knew those omegas - he trained them when they first came to Hydra. Natasha showed him a picture of all the girls and Kaylee and said that they were all from the orphanage that decided to join the agency. He didn't ask anything about Kaylee but when she showed the picture, something in his mind clicked and both Steve and Nat could tell.

Thankfully it wasn't a formal dinner or anything as Bucky went upstairs with Steve in sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt to hide his arm. He was anxious to get up to the dining room, not only to eat but to see the others.

Kaylee was a different story. She kept glaring at Natasha when they were in the elevator going to dinner. She already told Natasha she didn't want to go that she was feeling bad but one smell from the beta, the omega went.

As Kaylee stepped onto the floor, she immediately caught the scent of the alpha and coughed. His scent was stronger than all the others even though everyone was here. Nat pushed her to get her out of the elevator and they went to the living room where laughter ensued.

Just before Kaylee rounded the corner, she stumbled into the wall almost like a drunk person. She started shaking just slightly as she looked up at Natasha. "His scent is so fucking strong," she whispers. The omega felt like throwing up as her head started to throb.

"You're just saying that," the beta growled but knew something was off about her. "Get in there."

The omega almost felt like crying. She couldn't smell anything but him! What was happening? Surely her omega spirit wouldn't fight against the suppressants just because of something... so... sweet.

Kaylee shook to clear her mind of the thought and stood up, trying to make her legs stop trembling. As she walked around the corner, the conversation in the living room almost went silent as all eyes on her. She tried her best not to gag at the alpha's scent that raged around the room. Luckily for her, Bucky's back was toward her as he stared ahead of himself. "Hey guys," she started, forcing a smile. "Where's Pepper and Jane?"

Tony smiles softly. "The girls are in the kitchen with Bruce," he said. "Grab yourself a cold drink Natasha."

Kaylee relaxed some and started for the kitchen, walking past Tony who held up his empty shot glass. "How many have you had?" she laughed.

"That's the second one. I want a vodka now since the Russian spy is here," the billionaire smirked. "I know you're a little Russian too but Natasha-"

"Shut up Tony," Kaylee shook her head and took the glass. "I'll get you the vodka."

Walking into the kitchen, her mouth watered at the scent of food. "Oh nice! Is that a ham?" the omega smiled and looked around at the three people in the kitchen. Bruce was looking at his notes from the lab while Jane and Pepper took turns watching the food and checking their phone.

Jane was the first to speak from in front of the stove. "Thor wanted a boar but this is all we could get short notice."

Kaylee nodded and sat a chair away from Bruce. "How's the lab going?" she questioned. "Are you any closer in getting the formula for my pills?"

Bruce nodded. "However, I'm afraid we need a few more pills," the doc replied, never looking up at her. He was afraid to meet her confused gaze.

"I'll give you some tomorrow," she sighed. She needed those pills but if Bruce could make more, than she would.

Tony walked into the kitchen. "Where's my vodka?" he complained, sitting next to Kaylee closely.

Kaylee looked to him and quickly caught Bucky' scent on his shirt. She felt again like she was choking as the smell seemed to wrap around her. "Please," she turned her head. "Get away from me," she whispered, begging to Tony.

Tony immediately frowned and watched her. "Kaylee? Are you ok?"

As if in answer, Kaylee pushed the chair back hard and glared at the beta, trying to support herself against the counter. Her breathing began to be irregular and she shook. What's happening to me? She thought and saw Bruce in the corner of her eye, trying to calm her down but the stench of the alpha filled every sense of her being. What's happening to me!