Chapter 11

No one know what to expect when Kaylee came upstairs for the first time in a week. She never left her small apartment corridor, even it get food and water. She got news from the director of SHIELD that she would be able to get out now on her own but with a curfew. Now, she was starving and dehydrated. The young omega had slipped in on herself, dreading each waking day. She had forced herself to sleep using countless pills she had. It was a miracle she was alive but to her, she hated herself. Natasha, Tony, Pepper, and Bruce were all in the living room when the elevator opened.

"Hey Kay," Natasha had said to her as she emerged from the elevator, pale and weak. The redhead had wanted to move to help her but something about the way she held herself told her off. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine," the omega said, looking around the living room before disappearing into the kitchen. She was thankful for the time being that Steve or Bucky was up there. Kaylee swallowed hard as she looked around the fridge looking for something that would help her. She sighed softly at the look of leftovers with her name literally on them and heated two of the seven meals up to eat.

"What are you going to do today?" Natasha asked, walking into the kitchen when she heard the microwave go off. "How have you been feeling?"

Kaylee huffed and sat down at the high table top to eat. "I'm fine," she murmured and tore into her food like a mad dog. A pang of nausea clouded her mind for a second before she started her next bowl. She knew she should eat slower but she need the energy for her plan.

The beta swallowed hard and sat down across from her. She felt guilty for making the omega feel awful within the past week. Clint and her had talked about it. Since then, Bucky hasn't been the same. Always using the stairs, slowing down around Kaylee's room before bolting up them again. The alpha would have occasional outbursts of anger towards Steve then apologizing for them. Natasha and Pepper quickly noticed the signs of a late rut coming through in spurts. Sooner or later, the Soldier would be in full rut.

"Am I allowed to leave for the day? I need some fresh air. I need to get out on my own," Kaylee asked, looking up at Natasha after she finished her meals.

"I don't see why not. But you need to be back before dark or Fury might go crazy."

Kaylee nodded and looked out the kitchen window into the city. She sighed, getting up and looked back at the fridge, grabbing the other plates of food. She slowly started for the elevator, each step hurting more than the next.

Natasha walked out of the kitchen after her and watched sadly as the doors closed to the elevator. She looked back at the small group of friends. "I think she's going to do something she'll regret," she said, crossing her arms.

Bruce swallowed hard, looking up at the female. "It's not like we can keep her here. She did get the word a few days ago she could finally leave the compound," he said and looked at the others. "We can always have FRIDAY track her?"

Tony nodded and looked over at Pepper who seemed worried, contemplating something. "As long as she's back by her curfew," he said, looking back at Natasha. "Who knows what she'll be doing."

Natasha sighed and looked at Bruce. "Any word on her pills? You know she'll be asking."

The scientist swallowed hard and shook his head no. "Nothing. I've decided to stop. She needs to be coming off of them. There's also something in her blood I've found," he sighed and looked at the other betas and alpha, his head continuing to shake. "How the other suppressants wouldn't work without her overdosing?"

"Yea," Tony pressed on, immediately being interested, needing to hear every word. "Why wouldn't they?"

Bruce swallowed hard, his hands clasping together. "She's a super soldier," he said, almost to a whisper. "She was injected with it as a child. Possibly after she had joined Hydra, they injected it into her to help her through her training."

"Shit," Tony mumbled, now running his hands through his hair. "She really was going to be the next Winter Soldier."

The room grew quiet, the soft, lingering realization of Bucky's and Kaylee's future coming to light if the team didn't do anything about it. Thoughts ran through their head of what could have happened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylee ran through her small apartment, throwing clothes and water into a black backpack, leaving enough space for some food and snacks. She didn't know where she was going to go back all she knew is that she had to get away from the Tower, away from the alpha. The Tower didn't feel safe anymore, especially since she used the rest of her suppressants.

She swallowed hard at the empty jar, staring at it from the living room. I shouldn't be alive, she thought, remembering how she took several within the last week.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger I suppose," she said, slinging the bag onto her pack, securing the straps around her. It almost looked like she was going to go for a hike.

She looked at herself in the mirror. Pale and skinny. Dehydrated and worse, an omega. Kaylee shook her head and stormed into the elevator when it dinged of it's arrival. She stood in it, staring at the ground level button, a quick change of mind.

WIth a big huff, she pressed it. I'm not staying here, she thought as the doors close to take her down. The ride seemed to take forever and when the doors finally opened, she took off straight to the door and out into the sidewalk. She looked around at the tall buildings around her, the fresh air calming her nerves. Kaylee took off, following the crowd down the street to nowhere in particular. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone! Sorry for the extreme late update. I will continue this story till the end! I've been away from all electronics for my own reasons and I appreciate everyone for voting and reading and saving Layers Of! 

I'm still writing parts of this so if there's something YOU want to see, leave a comment!