CHAPTER 24

The turquoise book was thrown onto the bed in front of her. Gyuri took it. And she saw it. The top left of the book was stained with already dried blood. She felt as if her heart was burnt. She blinked back tears. Her hands trembled from the anger.

"YOU!" Gyuri lunged for him with a tight fist. Jinyoung watched her with a smirk as he stood still. Gyuri fell onto the floor in front of him. "What the!" she turned to her feet. It was now chained to the bed. "Let me go! Now!"

Jinyoung smirked. He bent over to her and held her head up with his fingertip. Gyuri fixed her glare on him.

"Now do your job and finish the story" "I will not" she hissed back. "So you want to stay here like this forever, right, Gyuri-ssi?"

Gyuri bit her quivering lips and looked away. Jinyoung stood. "But of course I'll guide you while you're writing. What the point of me having you here, right, Gyuri-ssi?" he smirked and bent down to eye her. "I already have a special and exciting storyline for you to write. Starting with eliminating everything that's on my way, like your dearest main character, Daniel. And the story will end with me owing all the kingdoms!" He stood straight again with a smile.

"Unfortunately, I can't change the storyline with my own hands. Every time I try to rip a page, the page appeared again. It's weird so I figured you are the only one who can change the story. And so that explains why you are here" he chuckled and smirked. "So I'm looking forward to work with you, dear write"

Jinyoung went out the door before it being locked. Gyuri panted and punched the floor hard. She gritted her teeth with tears still streamed down her cheeks.

* * *

Wonwoo woke up the next morning from the sound of coughing. He saw Daniel, leaning against a tree nearby. He covered his mouth as he coughed more.

"Dan" Wonwoo ran up to him. He sat in front of him. "You okay?"

Daniel shook his head between his cough. He paused for a moment. He felt a liquid on his palm and removed his hand away from his mouth to reveal the liquid.

"Yah" Wonwoo was speechless. And so did Daniel. They met each other's eyes. And their eyes went to the blood on Daniel's hand.

Daniel took out a piece of clothes and wiped it away. He tried to stand and almost topple. Wonwoo caught him. "Yah, where do you think you're going?"

"Gyuri" Daniel whispered weakly. "No. Let's take some rest here" Wonwoo suggested. "No. Gyuri is in danger" "But can't you see your condition?! You might kill yourself"

Wonwoo sighed. "Please"

They were silent for a while before Daniel sighed. "Okay. Let's stay here for a few more hours"

Daniel dragged his feet with Wonwoo walked close to him. He glanced at Daniel. "You okay, Dan? Need anything? Want to rest for a bit?"

"I'm fine" Daniel chuckled. "Don't worry"

"Of course I am. We don't know the cause of your illness" Wonwoo spoked. "How many hours left till we arrive there anyway?"

"About 3 hours more or so"

The two walked for another hour. They took a rest for a bit. Wonwoo helped Daniel ate some snack and emergency medicine he bought along. Daniel leaned against a bark of a tree and heaved a sigh. "My head"

"Take some nap. I'll guard around" Wonwoo cleaned up their things. Daniel closed his eyes.

Wonwoo bent over and packed their bags. A shadow fell over him. A few other shadow started to surround him. *Damn it!* Wonwoo could sense the danger. He saw a branch not far from him. He lunged toward it and stood straight. Wonwoo was facing a group of men in black attire, covering their faces. The branch was aimed towards them. "Who are you?! What do you want?!"

He saw a few men started to surround Daniel who struggled to sit up from laying on his back. *Daniel!* He moved swiftly to join Daniel. Daniel held onto him as he stood. The men were now surrounding them. Wonwoo stood before Daniel. "Dan, can you run?"

"Not sure" Daniel whispered.

The men started to attack them. Wonwoo did his best to knock them while still standing in front of Daniel. A few men came behind them. Daniel turned around to see a sword flying towards him. Unfortunately, Daniel couldn't dodge most of the attack coming to him. Wonwoo doubled over as he was knocked. He saw Daniel. *Dang it!* He pushed himself up and ran to Daniel. Wonwoo knocked the men with the stick he was holding. Wonwoo missed an attack and he was kicked onto the floor. He fell beside Daniel who almost lost conscious.

The men suddenly stopped attacking. Daniel and Wonwoo watched as they took their supplies and ran away.

"Those thieves" Wonwoo hissed. Bruises and cuts covered his face. "Daniel!" he turned his attention to Daniel.

"I'm okay" Daniel forced a smile. "No, you are not!" Wonwoo gasped as he saw a cut on his left abdomen. "Yah" his eyes were teary.

"I'm not dying" Daniel chuckled. He used his energy left to lift his hand and point to a bush nearby. "That"

Wonwoo followed his gaze.

"That may help stop bleeding" Daniel spoke. Wonwoo jumped and rushed to the bush. He snatched a few of the leaf and came back.

Wonwoo quickly lifted his clothes to see the wide cut. He followed Daniel's instruction to apply the leaves on the cut. Wonwoo held onto the cut with the leaves. His hands were still trembling.

"Hey" Daniel called. "Yea" Wonwoo replied slow. "I'll be okay. So don't worry" Daniel smirked weakly. "No. I'm still worry. So don't say anything like that" "You did great back there"

With that, Wonwoo turned to Daniel. He smiled. "You're really skilled, you know? I only teach you a few moves and you can already fight by yourself"

"But" Wonwoo's eyes went to the cut again. "I couldn't protect you"

"Don't beat yourself up, Wonwoo. I'll be fine. I promise. We need to go see Gyuri together"