Ch_48

Arnav's P.O.V.

.

Hearing Khushi's question, I got totally silent finding nothing to answer and just kept driving towards home.

When Khushi asked me again, "Arnav, what's the matter?", I just answered, "Nothing." and she also got silent at that.

Arriving home, I stopped the car at the parking plot. Khushi was about to get down but stopped as I uttered her name, "Khushi?" and turned to me.

She kept looking at me without uttering anything and I spoke up, "Don't you think your father and brother deserve some kind of feedback after treating you like that?"

As I uttered all these, her eyes got widened. Without bothering to think for a moment, she spoke up, "NO."

While glaring at her, I spoke up then, "Why?" only to get her uttering the funniest joke, "Because they are my family, Arnav."

When I sarcastically uttered, "As if!", she spoke up getting all sad, "Just because they did wrong to me, if I also get on doing wrong to them then what will be the difference between us? I know they don't love me but it's not like I am also like them. I love them, Arnav."

I couldn't help scoffing hearing her only to get her started shedding tears which made me silent then.

The chain of my thought got broken when Khushi shook my hand and uttered, "Arnav, you wanted to say something to me?"

I realized the earlier happening was just my thought but it would get real for sure if I would ask Khushi that question.

Being annoyed at that thought, I spoke up, "Nothing."

Khushi gave me a confused look but without bothering that, I got down from the car.

When Api caught the sight of us getting back home together, she smiled heartily and spoke up, "You two are back! That's good. Go freshen up first. Then get downstairs."

Nodding at her, we forwarded towards our room and I kept thinking, "Shouldn't api expect that Rafin guy to get Khushi home? Then why is she behaving like all happy when I got Khushi back home!"

Khushi's P.O.V.

When Rafin asked Arnav who he was, while answering, Arnav stopped midway and turned to me.

I thought Arnav was hesitating to say about our relationship. But at least he won't mind at this much and with this thought, I ended up saying he was my friend.

But then Arnav just started walking towards his car without giving me a second glance and I followed him being all confused at his behaviour.

In car when Arnav asked about my relationship with Rafin, I couldn't get what he was referring to.

Rafin was not my friend. It had hardly been 3 days, I was talking to him and that also got happening because of Payel.

When we reached home, I was about to get down from the car but got stopped as Arnav uttered my name, "Khushi?"

I turned to him and he just kept staring at me confusingly without uttering anything.

When I spoke up while shaking him as he seemed to be lost somewhere, he uttered the same answer, "Nothing." and got down from the car. Being all confused, I also got down from the car and followed him inside.