Ch_17

Arnav's P.O.V

.

I kept staring at her for a moment. Then started calling her name, "Khushi, Khushi?"

But there was no response of her. Taking her in arms, I started walking towards my car. I was about to get in but stopped remembering the condition of my car.

There were only few cars running on the road. I tried to get a lift but no car stopped. After a while a car stopped only to go away glancing at us strangely when I told them there was no relationship between us.

I uttered under my breath, "If she stays in this condition, she will fall sick."

I looked all around while thinking what to do with her. Then I started walking towards the only building which was right beside the road.

Standing by the entrance, I knocked at the door and spoke up loudly, "Is there anyone at home?"

A woman of middle age opened the door after a while and glancing at us, she spoke up, "Who are you?"

Glancing at the road, I spoke up, "Aunty, actually my car got stopped midway and she"

Interrupting me, she spoke up in between, "Are you two husband and wife?"

Hearing her, I got startled and looking at Khushi, I spoke up, "Aunty she is my" but stopped finding nothing to say about us. I didn't know what she got from that but to my luck she spoke up, "Come inside. Come dear."

She let us in and took us to a room and spoke up, "You both are all drenched. Wait a moment. I am bringing some clothes for you two."

Finding nothing to say, I just nodded at her and she left. I put Khushi on the bed and staring at her kept wondering, "Why was she like that even in such weather!"

I got interrupted when Aunty came back with some clothes and spoke up, "Get her changed first. Otherwise the condition of your wife will get worse. And you should get changed too."

Saying this, aunty gave me the clothes and was about to leave but glancing at the clothes in my hand and then Khushi, I shook my head and turned to Aunty and spoke up, "Aunty?"

She looked back at me and spoke up, "What happened dear? Any problem?"

"Aunty actually she is.." looking at Khushi, I stopped and Aunty spoke up, looking at me and Khushi, "Why are you all tensed? She will be okay."

I was hesitating what to tell her but I just couldn't do this and was about to utter something but Aunty spoke up, "Do you want me to help you with her dress?"

I nodded and she smiled at me.

Coming back to me, she patted my back as she spoke up, "She will be okay. Don't worry. Give me her clothes and you go. Get changed in the bathroom. It's right there."

I gave her the girl's clothes and forwarded towards her directed way.
Getting changed, I kept staring at the glass of the bathroom while thinking what am I doing here..!!

When I got back to the room after a while, Khushi was covered with a blanket and I saw aunty speaking on a phone, "Yeah, I have got her changed and put a blanket on her. But she has a high fever. What should I do now?"