Ch_51

Khushi's P.O.V.

After Asar prayer when I got downstairs, I found Api talking to my father to invite for the party. When she caught the sight of me, she smilingly uttered, "Uncle, please do come both of you, okay? Now talk to Khushi."

She smilingly forwarded the phone towards me. I took the phone nodding at api with a little bit of smile and api headed upstairs.

For some moment, there was all silence until Abbu uttered, "What is it? What are you planning there?"

Hearing him, I kept silent for some moment. Like seriously he asked that to me.

I mean when did I ever do something like that! Without bothering to think anymore, I replied quite sternly, "I am not planning anything here."

Maybe it was the first time for me to use this type of tone while talking to Abbu.

And he got silent at that. I was thinking of uttering something again like it's not necessary for them to come but he spoke up then, "We will see if we could go." and cut off the line.

I kept staring at the phone for a while until tears came up to threatening to come out any moment.

To my family I always felt like non existing between them. As I was nothing but a disgrace who deserved nothing but pain and loneliness to them.

And here in this family, a place of mine exists. Everyone cares for me. If they come to know all about my family then what will happen!!

My mind snapped at that, "Arnav already knows. Don't you think so?"

When I uttered, "But others don't."

My mind snapped again, "Talk to them. If you think it's something they should know then tell them, Khushi."

I got silent while thinking how and what should I tell them exactly. I can't just start telling these out all of a sudden.

I got interrupted when uncle uttered suddenly, "Khushi, where are you lost dear?"

Looking at his smiling but confused face, I couldn't get myself to utter anything. And uncle uttered again, "Khushi, what happened? You okay?"

Leaving my earlier thought at rest, I just nodded smilingly and he uttered, "Come, sit."

Sitting in the living room, we kept talking on random things. Then Api got downstairs with Esha in her arms.

Seeing me, she spoke up smilingly, "Khushi teacher, here is your student. Get her to study."

I nodded and Api got Esha down. Uncle uttered smilingly then, "You guys carry on. I will be back shortly." and left from there.

As I started teaching Esha, Api got us some snacks and sat with us. After a while Api asked me, "Oh, yes. Khushi, your father and brother are coming, right?"

Before I could say something, her phone rang off and she got away from us while answering the call.

I also concentrated on Esha. After a while I heard Arnav announcing his presence. Right then something came to my mind that make me staring at Arnav.

When he turned to me, I just smiled a little and started arranging Esha's things.

Getting something from Arnav, Esha came to me and seeing her all excited face, I didn't get to utter anything rather went upstairs with her.

Sitting by the poolside, I kept thinking of Arnav on that matter while eating chocolates. But gave that thought a break at last as I clearly remembered what I said to him and I didn't believe he would really do something without letting me know.