Ch_65

Arnav's P.O.V.

When Khushi left with them, Akash spoke up, “Arnav, talk to Liya. That you are married now and that even to her friend.”

Being all irritated, I spoke up, “Why would I? Who is she that I need to clarify myself to her!”

Akash spoke up again, “Arnav, she is Khushi vabi's friend.” only to get me utter, “Not mine though.”

Akash got silent then and I took out my phone and texted Khushi to call me arriving at Payel’s place. Then I called Api as she was asking for talking to Akash.

When their talking got finished, I kept holding the phone in my hand expecting Khushi’s call. But nothing came though I kept waiting for a while. Neither her call nor her text. I was getting restless here.

Seeing that, Akash spoke up in a teasing tone, “Someone is getting restless!”

When I glared at him, he just looked aside. Mahin got back to the hospital after almost 1 hour but still, there was no response from Khushi. I kept calling her only to get ignored. She was not replying to my texts also. I was getting confused about what was going on in her mind!

Seeing me, Mahin spoke up, “What happened, Arnav?”

I got uttering without my realization, “Khushi is not answering my calls.” only to get him utter, “I have dropped them safely yaar. Maybe she is taking a rest or something. She will call you. Wait for some time. She will call.”

“It is getting more than one hour, Mahin.” Words made their way out effortlessly and only after uttering this, I realised who was in front of me.

Akash spoke up smilingly, “Arnav, just relax, okay? Vabi will call you.”

Then we three kept talking about random things but in between, I kept looking at the phone screen.  Like this, it got almost midnight but when Khushi still did not call me, I called her again.

But got the same. She did not answer. Then I called Payel. She answered the call when I called her for the second time and the call was about to get cut off.

As soon as she answered the call, I spoke up, “Payel, where is Khushi? Why isn’t she taking my calls?”

I could feel she was hesitating but got uttering at last, “Vai, Khushi has fallen asleep.”

Hearing her, I again spoke up, “Payel, what happened? Is something wrong?”

Payel got silent hearing me only to get me utter, “It's okay. You can tell me.”

She cut off the line saying, “Vai, I will make Khushi call you tomorrow morning. I think you two should talk to each other.”

As the line got cut off, I kept sitting being all confused. Mahin spoke up then, “What could happen in this short time? When I dropped Payel and Khushi at Payel's place, they seemed all okay. Then what happened after that!"

Akash got uttering then, “Liya was there. Talk to her. You might get some clue what is the matter. I have her number.”

Hearing Akash, I spoke up, “How come you have her number?”

Making an irritated face, Akash spoke up, “Is it even important now? Talk to her.”

Being all clueless and worried about Khushi, I called Liya not bothering the time.

She answered the call but before she could say something, I got uttering, “Liya, it is Arnav here."

Being all excited she spoke up, “You really did a call to me. I can't” but interrupting her in between I spoke up, “Cut the crap and tell me what ridiculous thing did you say to Khushi?”