Ch_16

Arnav's P.O.V.

.

It was 11 in the morning. I was busy in office with my files when my phone rang off. Glancing at the caller ID, I immediately answered the call and spoke up, "Vai?" only to hear the tensed voice of Muhib Vai

as he spoke up, "Arnav, actually I have got an important meeting to attend at late in the afternoon. I don't think I will be able to accompany you out of the town for your important meeting today. But I will leave to attend your meeting as soon as I get completed with my meeting here."

Sensing his concern, I spoke up,"Vai, it's okay. You don't need to get tensed. I know the meeting is very important and with a big company but you can believe me. I will be able to handle the meeting on my own. By doing such hurry, you don't need to attend it."

"Arnav, it's not like I don't believe you. But you being there alone out of town is bothering me." Hearing him talking like Api, I interrupted him in between and spoke up, "Vai, please. Don't act like Api. Besides it's not like I have always been home but abroad and even without you people, remember?"

In his defense, he spoke up as, "I know Arnav and I didn't mean that."

I knew vai didn't mean that. He just didn't want me to feel pressurize with handling the meeting all alone.

Keeping silent for a moment, I spoke up smilingly, "Vai, you have already taken more than enough responsibilities and now it's my turn. Let me check my capability in this business world if I am worth to be called as the MD of Mahmud Industries."

"Okay then. You carry on. But always remember that you are not alone there as you have me as your backup." Vai spoke up and

I could feel his sincerity in his voice and then I uttered gratefully, "I know Vai. Thank you."

"Okay, yaar. You take care. Allah Hafiz." saying this, vai cut off the line.

Now I will be handling the project fully on my own and I have to prove my capability. I just can't let down ME and Vai also. Thinking like this, I concentrated on the presentation for the meeting.

After getting my all work done, I left the office before 2 PM. It's a 3 and half hours journey from here and the meeting is supposed to hold at 5:30 PM.

🌼🌼🌼

Khushi's P.O.V.

.

After lunch, I went to bed to get some sleep again but woke up having a dream. Remembering the dream, a smile crept on my lips. I dreamt about my sweet times with Mummy in my childhood. Those days were the best times of my life.

But when I caught the sight of the picture of Mummy in the photo frame, my eyes got all watery. I got down from bed and getting ready while sobbing, I left my house and forwarded towards my destination getting on a taxi.

When I reached the graveyard, it was almost dark. Without bothering about the time, I kept standing and crying outside the graveyard wall at that side where Mummy was put to sleep forever.

I didn't know how long I was like that until rain started falling on me. Looking at the almost dark sky, I felt it  also started crying.