Ch_7

Khushi's P.O.V.

.

Though I called to say no but hearing Esha's cheerful tone, I didn't get myself to make her cry again and spoke up, "Yes. I will."

Hearing me, she uttered excitedly, "Really!"

I replied smilingly, "Like really. " and she started shouting, "Mummy, Abbu.. Aunty will come here. Yaay!"

Then I heard her father saying, "Esha, stop jumping around, Princess. You will get hurt."

"Abbu, Aunty said that she will come here." Esha said that happily again and I heard him saying, "Great. Now let me talk to her."

"Okay. Talk to her." saying this, Esha might have handed the phone to her father as I heard him, "Thank you, Khushi. Thank you very much. You made my Princess so happy by saying yes. I am really grateful to you, sister."

"It's okay. You don't need to thank me." I said to him politely.

Then he again spoke up, "Are you coming tomorrow? Tell me your address. I will send a car to pick you up."

I refused that saying, "It's not necessary, Mr. Muhib. I will manage. Just give me your address."

He gave me their address and I uttered, "Okay, Mr. Muhib. I will be there tomorrow at 5 by afternoon."

"Okay. But if you don't mind then call me Vai. I mean you can consider me as your brother. I told you, right?"

Hearing him, my expression changed as I uttered whispering, "Vai?"

"Right. I think it would be better than calling me as Mr. Muhib. By the way give your father 'thanks' on behalf of me for approving you to teach my daughter. He helped me to maintain my image of a father."

I couldn't bear to hear him any longer. So I cut off the line saying, "Allah Hafiz."

Cutting of the line, I kept thinking about Esha for a good time. The childhood days of mine started flashing in front of my eyes.

My father never wanted me. He was happy with Kowshik vai. My eyes started getting watery. Giving my thought a break, I went towards the washroom to make an ablution.

I said my prayer then made dua for having a better tomorrow. After that I lied down on bed and kept thinking about the things that happened today. From all the things something bothered me.

Payel was behaving somewhat oddly today. I didn't bother forcing her to tell me about that as I was afraid she would get angry with me. She is the only friend of mine. Though I couldn't be able to open up with her fully but I didn't want to lose her.

I thought she would tell me about it by herself but she didn't do that yet this time.

We have completed our exams for the last semester. Within 15 days result is supposed to be out.

As I don't have any class or exam now, I won't be meeting Payel for these days then. The thought came to my mind and I immediately got up and thinking like, "No, I have to talk to her.", I took my phone and called her.

But she didn't answer it. Maybe she was asleep. So I thought of leaving a message for her, "I want to meet you tomorrow. See you at your favourite cafe at 4:30 PM."