Chapter 47

earned

LANCE'S POV

Second chances are earned. Hindi ito madaling makuha lalo pa't nasaktan ang tao. It's not easy to get when you know for yourself that you fuck up the idea. But the question is, are you willing to take the risk and fight your way in even if you are considered a stranger to him already?

My life has fucked up. Big-time. I was a jerk when I let the most precious treasure slip into my grip. Masiyado akong nagpakampante na hindi ako iiwan ni Ace. I was an asshole when I toke his feelings for granted. I became an abomination of mankind when I played his emotions.

All was planned. I need to marry whosoever the fiancée those old farts were talking and then take the company's ownership. It was very simple and very easy and all was done in my head. Until the moment I saw my soon to be husband. He was an angel himself. I swear the Gods out there are laughing at my lovesick state. He became the light in my most dark days, the happiness and my rest. When I'm with him, it seems like the world is at peace. I never even noticed how he became the center of my goddamn universe.

I never saw and never predicted things to go back at me. I was always primed and calculative but he... He just showed me those sincere smiles, and my resolve went haywire. I become the Lance I never thought I am. I become selfish for him—much more of possessive. I want him at my side always, gusto ko nalalaman lahat ng gusto niya. I want him to feel like he is my queen and so I did.

I showered him with love and gifts even though I know he won't need it. I was lost in my cheesiness that I forgot with my first plan.

"Lance!! I told you already, I don't want this! This—all of this!! I still have a dream! Hindi ko ito ginusto! Please help me. Please, Lance I'm begging you. Kahit ito lang mabigay mo sa'kin. Lance help me, please."

Growing up, I was sheltered and was taught to foresee my future and that is to rule the empire that my ancestors work their ass off. I never had a friend. Fuck, I don't even know how friendship works. I was too focused on my goal. I was so set on making my parents and grandparents proud.

But one person came up and introduced herself to me. I was still a young boy out then when we become friends. I don't know how but she was the one who taught me lessons that are not taught at schools. Then and there, I realized that the world has a lot to show and offer for me. Doon ko nabigyan ng pansin ang mga bagay-bagay na hindi ko namalayan. Damn, I was left behind by my co-age because I was too hard on myself. I don't even know what fun is until she blabbered all those shit. She became my companion, and my fortress herself. I was proud of our friendship.

"Stephanie, fucking no! I won't do that. That would ruin my baby!" I exclaimed and nagsisi ako when I saw tears in her rim. I don't want that. I don't want her to feel like she's alone because she's not. That time, I was sorry. I instantly regretted shouting at her.

"L-Lance. I'm begging you. I-if dad will know, he will find him and I don't want that. Hindi ko na gusto makita pa ang pagmumukha ng lalaking nakabuntis sa akin. He's a psycho for God knows!"

"I get it. But why in the hell would you ever throw a glance at that man?! Look at you for fuck sake! You know I love you, hell I can do anything for you but damn Stephanie! Hindi ko kaya ang pinapagawa mo without hurting my brat!" Thinking of this shit, hindi ko labis masikmura. Imagining the hurt image of my brat crying makes my inside sick. I can't do that to my baby for fuck sake! I'm so mad at the world for giving me this problem!!

"I know and I'm s-sorry. I shouldn't have bothered you." Akma siyang tatayo when I stopped her.

"Who is this asshole who fucking fuck you na hindi ka man lang kayang panindigan?!" I'm fuming mad for Pete's sake! My friend is an emotional mess right now due to this problem.