Chapter 7

stoic

LANCE'S POV

It had been a year, tandang-tanda ko pa ang mga detalye sa taong sisira sa buhay ko. Now, let me finally meet my fiancée. The word left sting as it sounds unfamiliar.

After the confrontation and discussion with the contract, I head myself to New York to further extend my growing empire at an early age. Now, here I am. One of the most sought bachelor, soon to marry a fucking man.

I realized that I did not know anything with this Ace Villamayor person. Hell, I didn't even saw his face once or any form of picture. He's protected and his information is properly sealed.

Tanginang pag-iisip 'to, kanina pa ako nangangati na makita ang lalaking 'to. Ang pamilyar ng pangalang niya, tangina alam ko narinig na ang pangalang na 'yun somewhere else. I am heading to Villamayor's household together with my Dad, Mom and Attorney Saavedra to finally seal the contract as I found out early this morning after I arrive at the airport, that my fiancée will be turning eighteen this upcoming weeks.

I'm thrilled. We arrived at a modern mansion and we were directly ushered to an office.

"Kingston," Anton greeted the older man in the room. Figuring out that this man is the head of the family.

My mom, Isabelle is also at a woman, hugging her and I see that everyone is already in good terms. Fuck it!

Now, where's the boy?

The older lady whom I assumed my fiancée's mother looked at me expectantly, "Well, young man. You won't greet your mother in law?" She said and I awkwardly hugged her. I don't even consider you.

For now,

They are seated at the sofas, and I stood dtill still. "I'm afraid that you won't see Ace this morning since he is busy helping his nanny at a grocery, but fear not, I know his schedule."

Ace, why does it sound so familiar?

"It's okay; I will personally meet my fiancée this evening." I said fixing my tux. I bid my goodbye since I see no reason for me to stick there.

I was walking at their staircase, which was there that I realized I'm really fucked-up; I saw photo frames with pictures in it. I look up to see their family portrait. There stood Kingston and on the chair is his beloved. Standing both their sides is my good friend, Silver.

To my surprise, I saw the person whom I'm not expecting to be in the portrait. In the portrait, there stood with his white tuxedo, toothy smiles and full height, Ace Heartily wearing the Villamayors heirloom crest.

Villamayors family crest. Oh, damn fuck. Ang taong pantasya ko ang taong mapapangasawa ko. This should be good. It only signifies that he is one of the Villamayor. Then it hits me, Heartily is his last name on-screen. That is Donya Elizabeth's maiden name. I gazed the photos and they're arranged in a timeline format with its year.

My steps halted on the last portrait. Sitting on a sophisticated way, my fiancee is the only person in the photo. The photo was gloomy and it looks like it was cursed to be put in that wall. Gone the toothy smile, he looks rigid, mad even. This showed his features very well. Now, I can see how beautiful and angelic he is both clothed and naked.

Damn, masama na 'to! I should stop staring at his photo, the most enticing photo with an angel on it.

"This was taken on his seventeenth birthday." A man in his late sixties said,

"He wasn't in the mood since his Mom and Dad announced something na napakalabag sa kaniyang puso." He acted like he was relieving those memories.

I stood still as I continue to watch the cold eyes in the portrait, so that is why he looks stoic in this portrait.