Chapter 50

deserve

ACE'S POV

Isang buwan at ilang araw na rin ng makauwi kami ni Lance. I can say that things are going fine and moving on already. I'm happy. Super happy! Dahil sa mga nagdaang araw ay puno ito ng pagmamahal at kasiyahan. This is all what I've dreamed!! And nagkatotoo na. Who wouldn't be happy with that.

Things are going smooth for all of us. My career ended already since 'yun ang kagustuhan ni Lance. I may be not working but my bank is full with my earnings as the co-CEO. We're finally living the life we all wanted. Happy and peaceful.

Stephanie already asked forgiveness. She even kneels in front of me. At that time, I already have forgiven her. Hindi nakakaganda ang mag-inarte at magmaldita. Every person deserves chances. May it second or third, as long as you see their capability to change. After all, knowing the capability would be the line and the limit. Huwag kayong magpapaniwala sa nagsasabing nagpapaka-martyr ka dahil lang sa you choose to give that someone a chance. No, people misunderstood it. Giving a chance is not for the people who had committed the sin, it's for you. By giving them the chance, you also freed yourself.

With what happened, masiyado na rin akong naging busy. Both from my work and my babies, Lance and Joxiah. Whenever I'll think about the two of them, it always brings me comfort, peace, and happiness. At mukhang madadagdagan na rin!

This will be my surprise for Lance's birthday. That jerk, sharp shooter ang loko! I'm pregnant! Alam ko naman na may mabubuo talaga lalo pa't sa mga araw na lumipas ay naging aktibo na naman ang yearly menstrual ko. Ang loko nag overreact. Dinala ba naman ako dito sa New York para lang ipa-emergency!

Though I won't lie that it still gives me butterflies on the inside, cliché I know. Pero ano ka ba, asawa ko 'yun! At least I am secured with the thought that he cares and truly loves us. Unconsciously, napahawak ako sa tiyan ko. Mahahalata na ang maliit na umbok nito dahil sa plain kong tiyan.

Lance had even asked me multiple times after my check-ups with the ob-gynecologist kung ano ang nangyayari sa akin. Since paminsan-minsan ay nasusuka ako and my cravings are quite heightened. Alam kong naghihinala na siya sa mga nangyayari and minsan ay natanong niya rin ito pero isinawalang bahala ko na lang. I'm planning to surprise him.

Mom, Dad, Kuya and Lance's family are happy for us. They always had envisioned us as a perfect couple—Tita's words—kaya they were happy and surprised when Lance introduced us to them at Joxiah's birthday.

Of course hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon ay masaya lang. Destiny always has its ways. These past few weeks, I was broken with what happened. I know it was inevitable but I tried.

Justin. It was hard seeing your best friend bidding his goodbye.

I know na hindi niya nagustuhan masiyado ang naging desisyon ko na makipag balikan kay Lance. Pero he selflessly wants me to be happy. He knows that I'm happy with Lance.

Though it was hard seeing your best friend bid his farewell. For now.

"Sunshine, don't cry. Alam mo naman na hindi ko gustong makita kang umiiyak. You have been crying since the day you left and I don't want to see you cry kahit na sa pag-alis ko." I cling to him. Ayaw kong umalis siya.

"Why do you have to go?! P-pwede namang magsama-sama tayo dito eh! You, my family, me, us! Please don't l-leave us, Just." I just can't take the idea na mawalay sa taong nandoon nung iyak at luha lang ang ganap ko.

He was the one who was with me the past years.

Justin had been my anchor. He was the one who wiped my tears. He was the one who drives me to work when my ass can't move itself. He was the one. He could have been a perfect father and a husband to me.