Part 11

Peter POV

Am I really going to do this? If I go to this party as Spider-Man, I'll gain respect from my peers and become less of a loser. But it's a double edged sword. if I do go, y/n will lose respect for me and be angry with me. She's the one who's always stood by me, even punched Flash for me. Should I stay or should I go? As I pulled on my mask, y/n landed beside me. As she folded up her wings, she helped me put on my mask.

With pain in her eyes, she said "Its ok, go to your party already. Don't let me hold you back."

I bit my lip, looking down at the raging party below. Then I made up my mind. I grabbed her hands and looked her in the eyes. "Y/n, I won't go. You're more important to me than anything."

I saw her eyes fill with tears as she leaned over and kissed me on the lips. It may not have been our first kiss, but it was the best. To her, I realized, it was our first real kiss. She was intoxicated the first time she kissed me. I decided then that I wouldn't embarrass her by reminding her of that fact. But, oh man. She was passionate and fierce, and I could tell she was putting all her emotions into the kiss. It was literally one of the best moments in my entire life. When she pulled away, she saw that my mouth was hanging open in shock. She closed my mouth with one finger, saying good-naturedly "Am I that bad of a kisser?"

"N..no" I stammered as my face felt like a furnace.

I was about to suggest that we go and watch a movie when we saw an explosion in the distance.

"Whoa, duty calls." Y/n breathed, her eyes lit up by the light of the detonation. "Let's go check it out."

We swung and flew together towards the light. There were several people under a bridge, testing more of the high-tech weapons we had caught the robbers from before using.

"These must be the suppliers for the weapons." I said, figuring it out.

"We should stay quiet for now and follow them to their lair. Then we can bust all the baddies not just the minor handout men." Y/n whispered.

I nodded, agreeing with the elaborate plan. Then my phone rang. It was Ned, probably wondering where I was. Y/n stared daggers at me as I tried to turn it off.

"What the hell is that?" One of the men said.

"Revised plan," I said "We swing in and catch these guys and force them to confess."

Y/n shrugged, not seeing what other choice we had.

I jumped down, and the men fired a few halfhearted blasts at us before starting up the van and driving.

Y/n grabbed the van with her mind. It screeched you a halt. I could see her sweating as she held it in place. I swung over, ready to help.

But then I heard one of the men say "Step on it, Carl!"

As the van went faster, y/n couldn't hold it. The tendrils disappeared and she collapsed. I could go after the truck, but I couldn't leave y/n alone. I rushed to her side and picked her up. "We were so close, it's my fault" She muttered.

"It's not your fault, if anything, it's Ned's" I pointed out.

She weakly chuckled. Then she pointed back at the bridge. "I see a weird glowing thing on the floor."

I walked back to it, and there was some kind of purple crystal there. "Let's find out what this is."

Suddenly, a large metal bird picked me up. I was forced to drop y/n, who yelled "Drop him, Big Bird"

As I was carried farther away, I saw her shakily stand up and unfurl her wings.

When she caught up to us, punched her with his free hand and said "Stay out of this, princess, if you know what's good for you."