Chapter Seven

But what Seleina saw ahead of them didn't really amuse her. It appeared that the general she had talked to on the receiver had decided to blunder off searching for the escaped mortals rather than radio-controlling his minions.

There in front of them stood an extremely buff fairy, Seleina walked forward for a hand-shake 'you must be Mr. prudentam.'she said innocently.

'hm.'the fairy general grunted, and Seleina took that for a yes.

'General...' the not-fairy panted 'they are the criminals, I have captured them with just a flick of my finger. it is my greatest honor to present them to you.'

'with just a flick of your finger, yeah.'Seleina mumbled

'well, well.' The general chuckled heartedly 'we have found the mortals, and we shall kill them. The queen would be so proud!'

'fat chance.' Seleina said

General Prutentam belched, and poked her in the back 'listen well, mortal.'

'oh, what now.'Seleina snarled 'trying to tell me some fairy tales?'

A bolt of yellowish light aimed at her almost sent Seleina crashing to the floor.

'no!' Evangeline rushed forward, but she was sent flying back, the general was as strong as he looked.

'good job for the capture!' the general barked 'I'm considering to adjust your salary to 152 Italian-shirt-buttons per month, or shall you prefer 78 Asian-shoelaces?'

'thank you,' he bowed low 'Italian-shirt-buttons would my choice, if you don't mind, please.'

'very well. I will see some bargains made with the button industries in Venice, now back to your duty.'

'I'm not so sure.' Evangeline muttered, half unconscious, 'we still have something left to reveal remember?'

'T-E 934, what does the mortal mean?'

'she means,' Seleina crouched on the floor, blood dripping from her forehead. She was unnaturally pale. 'you, gate-guard, are not going to get out of this before your true identity is revealed! And add a little P.S., Prudentam, next time, zap your enemies a teeny bit harder in case of unexpected awakening.'

'my identity is a fairy, I am T-E 934!' he said, though his voice was not convincing. 'trust me!'

'but I don't trust you.'Seleina said coldly. Her usually auburn hair, had turned a dark shade of Blooburn.

'neither do I.' Evangeline whispered.

The General was looking rather confused 'wait,' he grumbled 'wait, wait, wait!'

'what?'seleina asked 'what did you say Prudy?'

'I don't know what you're talking about.' the general huffed

'well,' Seleina slowed down a bit 'we were wondering whether T-E 934 is actually a fairy.'

'of course he's a fairy!' the general belched loudly 'he's been in the fairy guard system for more than 11 years.'

'how can you prove that he's a fairy? We'll have to see for ourselves'

'well, then, take off your helmet T-E 394.'

'I...I can't, my helmet is a little stuck today.' He said. His voice was quivering.

Evangeline raised an eyebrow 'is that so, or else no?'

Then suddenly, the general got up, and slowly began to run in circles.

Seleina's eyes turned a little misty, something like this had happened before. Ah, yes, the day they had arrived, the whole court (except the queen) had got up and ran. But what had she said that day?