Chapter Eighteen

'glad to see ya hopping around alright.' Ephior Jomazz said excitedly once Seleina had her wounds treated and they were all seated at the table.

'thanks.' Seleina sipped a glass of chocolate caramel milk. 'I really appreciate your help in letting us rest and stay here.'

The old man beamed 'no problem. I have to thank you girls for getting rid of Moralnel there.' he blushed suddenly 'sorry I made a show of myself, embarrassing, kicking and punching the air like that.'

'made what show...oh. It's all right.' Evangeline said quickly.

'there's one thing that I wanted to ask you.' Seleina set her glass down 'Aquarius told me you did some pretty amazing stuff with the broken furniture, lifting it off, I mean. How did you do that?'

Ephior Jomazz sighed like he was expecting this question all along 'I told you, me and Moralnel, we stole magic from the fairies. I borrowed some books from the great fairy library, and set up a magical collection of potions, which I used to become even stronger. I've been learning this fascinating art for over 20 years.'

'you're good at magical stuff huh?'

'but, Moralnel, she's evil now, right? And you're on the good side. If I'm not wrong...' Aquarius paused for a breath 'you were business partners right?'

'uh huh.'

'so...why did she join the dark side?'

Ephior Jomazz's face slackened 'to seek revenge on me, I dare say. We ventured into fairyland, mostly by accident, because our business was collapsing and we needed a new life to begin with. So, we settled here. Lesha...'his eyes brimmed up with tears 'you wouldn't dream of how she was back in the good old days. But then, the prince, now king, drove by our hut, and carried her off. She went through a lot...but she became queen nonetheless. She started to fear me, fear that I would seek revenge for her success. She decided to overthrow me, and so...' his voice drained off. 'speaking of magic? How did you fight off her?'

'I...'Seleina pressed against her temples 'I don't know' she admitted 'I...just felt, well different and then my vision got blurry, and I...eh, just started blasting away. I don't feel that now, of course...but...'

'well.' Ehior Jomazz scratched his chin 'that was certainly impressive, I have never seen anything like it. Your powerful, but, remember, you must use it carefully, beware of what you do. That is all I can warn you, but I ensure you that these are important. I've learned it from decades of magic studies.'

'I get it, thanks.' Seleina got up to leave.

'no.' the old man stepped forward and blocked her way 'I can help you find your family.'

'you know...oh, yeah, you do.' Seleina nodded. 'so, what do we do?'

'well...' Ephior Jomazz scratched his chin 'I don't know where your family is, exactly. But, there is a potion that can help you get whatever you've lost.'

'what?' Seleina sat up, she was getting excited. 'how do I do that? Tell me.'she was ready to risk anything to achieve here goal.

'there is a potion named Breathimonicel which can take back anything you've lost, people, belonging, anything. However, the ingredient for this potion is really rare.'

'what is it?' Seleina asked, impatient.

Ephior Jomazz turned 'a real pair of fairy wings. Wings are part of the fairy's skeletal structure, it is almost impossible to cut or saw off, the only way is to convince a fairy to do it his or herself as it only cuts off at will. But, I'm afraid this is your best chance.'