15

October 22nd, 2016

"So you haven't had sex yet?"

I groaned. "No."

"But neither of you are virgins so what's the hold up?" John B added.

I shrugged and continued to eat my fries. "He wants to take it slow, I don't know. We were in his car a few weeks ago and he told me he wanted to wait, and I'm not gonna force him."

Me and Rafe have been going out for three weeks now. We're still not official or anything but I do have my head on straight with him now. I really like him. As much as I hate to admit it, he makes me really happy.

I told my mom that I was dating someone, so she could end her superstition about John B. She wasn't all too excited that it happened to be Ward Cameron's son, but she's happy for me.

I broke the silence. "I think I'm gonna let him meet my mom."

JB furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief. "Already?!"

"It's not like he's a secret, she knows who I'm dating."

"Oh, I just thought she wouldn't want to be seen-"

"-With a kook, like you?" I cut him off with a raised eyebrow.

He shook his head in embarrassment. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm sorry."

"One day you'll grow up."

••

"Hey, beautiful." Rafe said as I jumped in his car.

I leaned over and kissed him. "Hey, sexy."

"What time do you need to be home?" He asked. After I left John B's, I had Rafe pick me up by the water.

I looked at my phone to see it was 4:15. "Seven; the devil wants me home for dinner since I'm going to my mom's in the morning."

He rested his hand on my thigh. "Oh, you're going to your mom's?"

I took this as my chance to get him to meet my mom. I rested my hand on top of his and slowly moved my thumb back and forth. "Yeah, you wanna come?" I asked nonchalantly.

My proposition seemed to catch him off guard. "Uh," he chortled, "yeah, definitely."

"Good." I smiled, "Now where are we going?"

"Burgers, obviously. Across the water."

"It's like you read my mind." I looked at Rafe and admired his magnificent side profile. He is one fine man. It's obvious girls at school like him, I get dirty looks all the time, but he's either oblivious or insecure. "What?" He laughed, catching me staring.

"Nothing, just reminding myself how sexy you are."

"Sexy?" He questioned. "I mean I know I'm a catch and all, but no one's ever called me sexy." He joked with a smile.

"Well they should," I assured. Rafe is hot as hell and I will never stop saying that. I couldn't help but feel sort of guilty for Rafe's self esteem. Like he never misses a beat to make me feel good about myself, but the fact that we've been going out for a month and I've never called him sexy before is absurd. "And now I'm gonna only address you as sexy, sexy."

The next few hours consisted of burgers and making out. It's never a dull moment with him. He really makes me happy. Before we left burger shack we used the steak knife to carve our initials into the wall to commemorate our spot. 'R + J', so poetic.

"Fuck you, Natalie Portman is not hotter than Megan Fox!" I yelled at Rafe. We were currently discussing our celebrity crushes.

"Yes she is; in Star Wars she is so fine." He argued.