17

June 16th, 2020
I admit, I can't stand kooks, but I sure do miss the carefree life. My father was a very well known man here in the obx because of his family's business. Now that my grandparents are both dead as well as my dad, my kook status is pretty much gone.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy things that are open to the public, like the summer movie series. Every summer I would be here watching movies because it was the closest thing to a drive-in that we had. It sickens me to think of the amount of times me and Rafe had sex in this park. God we were so horny back then, what was wrong with us?!

I do feel bad for lying to John B about where I was, but he left me a note on my door that there was no gold on the merchant. So in the end, they didn't need my help anyways.

As I looked around, I realized I'm the only who's here alone. All around me were people on dates and groups of friends. It's weird to think I went to school with most of these people, and I don't even know none of their names.

About halfway through the movie I noticed two boys stand up and talk to a girl before walking away. The girl looked so oddly familiar but I couldn't match a name to her fa- oh fuck it's Kiara. And those boys have to be JJ and Pope; it's dark but I'm sure. Not long after they walked away I noticed another group of boys following suit. That's when I saw those aggressive side parts and that short fro. Fuck.

I got up as fast as I could, and opened my backpack as I walked. John B told me JJ put a gun to fuckface's head so this can't be good. I grabbed my rings and put them on, throwing my backpack as I turned the corner behind the screen. Immediately, I see Topper punching Pope's back.

I drop to my knees behind Top and pulled his ankles back causing gravity to do it's work. He falls to the ground and looks at me distraught. It was almost like my body reacted faster than my brain could register what's happening. I straddled his body, connecting my fist with his face. It was like I couldn't stop, just one punch after the other. "Fuggng-g bitch! Rafe!" Punch. "Rafe!" Punch.

A pair of hands wrapped around my torso and pulled me off. My first instinct to anyone grabbing me like that is shoving them the fuck off. "Don't you fucking touch me!!" I seethed.

If you didn't guess it already, Prince Cameron stood in front of me. His two bitches were now fighting my two new bitches and Kie.

"Jo?" He huffed with a head tilt, scratching his head and readjusting his hat. "You wouldn't hit me would you, baby?" Suddenly his nose started running. It was 86° in the middle of summer, he must've just done coke. My left arm swung and hit him square in the nose.

As he stumbled, the feeling of heat caused us both to turn our heads. Kie had lit the projector screen on fire; nice distraction. My eyes turned hastily back on Rafe. I marched up to him filled with rage. There was nothing in this world that I wanted more than to kill him.

A pair of hands held me back and the three musketeers scurried off, leaving us alone with the burning screen. I turned around to the battered group. This isn't exactly how I wanted to make my introduction to them.

"Thank you so much. You really saved my ass." Pope exclaimed.

JJ stepped forward reaching his hand out for me to shake it. "You must be Jo. We've been waiting your arrival." I shook his hand. You could already see the bruising forming on my knuckles around my rings. At least I didn't use brass knuckles.

"Wait, you're Jo?!" Pope acted like he just seen a celebrity. "Holy shit, I actually thought you didn't exist."

"It's good seeing you. Just so you know I'm no longer involved with the Cameron's." Kie joked.