14

October 2nd, 2016

I woke up to the sound of my deathly alarm. "Fuck." I groaned as I reached my hand under my pillow to find my phone. 7:30.

I looked down and noticed the arm wrapped around my waist. I turned my body around to see Rafe snoring into his pillow; all the events of last night came rushing back. I carefully removed his arm and slid out of the bed.

"Where you going?" Rafe sleepily mumbled.

I stopped in my tracks and watched him sit up. "Home, I have a family thing at 8."

"I can take you."

I walked over to his dresser and grabbed my bra from the corner, stuffing it in my pocket. "I didn't mean to wake you, I can walk its only like ten minutes."

"I'm taking you." He insisted.

He threw on a hoodie and we snuck down the stairs as quick as we could. I was beyond exhausted since I only got like four hours of sleep. The whole car ride was silent. I couldn't tell if it was because no one wanted to address last night or if we were just tired. In a few minutes we arrived at the bottom of my driveway. After a few moments, I got out of the car. I walked to the driver's side window, which was facing the curb, and motioned for Rafe to roll down the window. "In case you were wondering, I don't regret anything I said last night." I admitted.

Suddenly, his long face turned into a smile. Putting his head against his seat, he bit the corner of his lip. "That's good."

My cheeks started to heat up and I nervously grinned. "So uhh, I uh, I'm gonna go inside now. Thanks for the ride."

"Wait. I don't get a goodbye kiss?" I put my head in the car and connected our lips. For the first time in a while,  I walked into my house with a smile.

Rafe Cameron

The drive back to my house I was fucking ecstatic. I finally had my dream girl. I understand nothing's official, but the fact that we're considered past the talking stage is good enough for me.

I walked into my house, prepared to go back to sleep, but there was my dad waiting for my return. "Where'd you go?" He questioned.

"I had to drop something off for a friend." I half lied.

"This early?"

"Yeah, she left something in my car." Shit. My dads eyes went wide as he sipped his coffee. "She?"

I nonchalantly responded, "yeah, 'she'. I can have friends that are girls, you know."

"They're more than friends, dad!" Sarah yelled from the top of the stairs.

"Do you ever shut the hell up, Sarah?!" I grimaced.

Dad stood up and pointed his finger at me. "Hey, watch your mouth," he scolded. "And honey, don't snitch on your brother. It's not cool." Sarah glared at me.

Dad continued. "So you have a girlfriend, Rafe?"

I rolled my eyes and glowered at my younger sister. "She's not my girlfriend. We're just past talking."