11

October 1st, 2016

It's been two weeks since Rafe's party. I don't know what came over me, and I regret doing it, but I texted Rafe a few days ago. His obsession with me is weird and I vowed to never ever let a boy slut shame me or talk down to me, but I decided to forgive him.

It wasn't entirely my idea, though. John B told me I should forgive him because he was over the whole altercation. Of course I had my reservations because I value my friendship with JB over Rafe, but I don't need more enemies.

All week I had been thinking about what my mom told me about John B. I think she just misread his kindness for a crush. He hasn't once told me not to go for Rafe or any other guy.

Tonight I'm going to a party with Miranda in between the cut and figure eight. It was her cousins party and she has always thrown epic kick backs. She's a senior and only seniors are allowed, but she made an exception for me and Randy. 

For tonight's fit I went with snap side track pants, Jordan ones, and a cropped t shirt. It was 6:20 and Miranda said she'd be here in five minutes, I decided to bid farewell to the witch.

"I'm heading' out Norma, see you tonight." I grabbed a Gatorade from the fridge and walked towards the front door.

"What the hell are you wearing?" The she-devil yelled from the living room. I looked down at my attire and didn't see anything wrong with my outfit. "The hell you talking about, I look fine?"

"That shirts a little short Jo, very short actually. Why do you always dress like you're grown? It's like you want old men to look at you." She snarled.

I scoffed in disbelief. "Go to hell, Norma. You're such a fucking bitch, you better be drunk for saying something so fucking stupid to me!"

I slammed the door as hard as I could, and to my fortune, Miranda and her cousin, Taylor, pulled up. I jumped in the backseat and her smile fell as soon as she noticed my demeanor. "Jo, what's wrong. Were you crying?"

"Nothing, just drive, please. I hate that fucking bitch."

"Jo, how do I look?" Randy said and she ran up to me.

"You look hot, why?"

She grabbed my drink out of my hand and downed the rest of it. "Do you remember that girl I told you about? The one I've been dm'ing for a few weeks?" She frantically asked. I nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah, what about her."

"She's fucking here. Like it's actually her!"

"Bitch, then what are you doing talking to me!" I pulled the front of her shirt down a little, and pushed her hair behind her ears. "Where is she,  you better go talk to her!"

Miranda has had a serious crush on this girl for weeks now. I was starting to think she was made up from how amazing she made her sound. "I'm nervous, what if she doesn't like me? What if I'm a catfish?"

"Randy, shut the fuck up. You're such a catch! Go talk to her. You deserve a happy ending."

She smiled at me. "So do you, Jo.  You deserve to be happy. And as much as the son of bitch pissed me off, you should call Rafe."

"You know Rafe isn't the only guy in the OBX." She rolled her eyes. "I'm actually gonna go get my nose pierced in the corner over there, you go get your girl."

"I love you, Jo!" She yelled as I walked away. "Back at you, babe."

"Fuuuhh-" I groaned. "You idiot that really hurt." This moron guy tried pouring patron in my mouth, but hit my fucking nose with the bottle.

Yes, I indeed got my nose pierced by drug induced high schoolers, as well as three new ear piercings. Not my smartest idea, but definitely a good one.

The whole night has consisted of me hanging out with college dropouts and d average high school seniors. My type of people. Anyways, I made a new friend, River, who's the best fucking plug I've ever met. The amount of illicit drugs this girl carries on her is insane.

"Jo! One more line." Taylor's boyfriend, Joe, yelled.

I groaned and drug my feet on the way to the kitchen. "Twiiin, what kinda line?"

"Molly, unless you want to do coke?" He asked. Taylor's boyfriend was actually very cute. He had this stoner, bad boy who skateboards look, which is totally my type. If only he wasn't 18, and also taken.

I leaned against the wall. "Coke. I can't afford to take two lines of molly tonight." He lined the coke on the table and we snorted away.

The amazing thing about coke is how quick it hits you. Within minutes you're soaring. Cloud 9. Top of the world. That mixed with the molly high, the weed high, and the patron, leads to a perfect combination of happiness and excitement. Before I knew it, it was a quarter to midnight. I knew I needed to start sobering up so I could be home by 1:30, so I grabbed a water and laid on the front lawn.

You ever just look at the sky and feel like you're floating. If you stare long enough, the stars almost look like they're falling. Speaking of stars falling, what the fuck ever caused that dome to fall in under the dome. I never got to finish that show, it deserved better, honestly. 

I wonder if my dad's up there. I never really believed in heaven or hell. I just hoped there was something. I really miss my dad sometimes. I try and act like a hardass all the time, but truth is, I miss him everyday. He was the only thing that kept me grounded. He had such high hopes for me, and look at me now. Future rehab patient.

My whole life I've made myself an outsider. Always blaming everyone else when it's me who pushes people away. Miranda was the only one that stuck. She grew up with older brothers, so she was used to getting pushed away. I don't know what I would ever do without her. I don't think I could ever survive alone.

After 45 minutes I went inside to find Joe and Taylor. After ten minutes of looking, I found her in the backyard chugging a bottle. Welp, there's my ride.

I ended up going back outside to lay on the grass. I needed to find a way home, but I don't know anyone else who drives, and that's a solid 45 minute walk home. I ended up pushing dial.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hi, Rafe."

••••••

••••••

Updated after a few weeks. I'm so zooted rn see if you could tell when it started in my writing.

Recap:
Miranda and Jo are at a party. Miranda meets her Instagram crush. Jo gets her nose pierced, does a lot of drugs, and calls Rafe.