[ t h i r t y f o u r ]

t h i r t y  f o u r
s h a d o w s

SHE SAW AS THE TWINS WERE FOLLOWING SCOTT AGAIN, PARKING THEIR BIKES NEXT TO HIS

"Pack it up, scary twins," told them the girl as the three looked up to her. "The guy already has a protector. He doesn't need two more."

"I don't need anyone to protect me." Amelia raised her eyebrows. "Argent thinks they can only come up at night."

"Since this is our first experience with demonic ninjas," talked Ethan making Amelia crossed her arms in front of her chest, "we're thinking we should play it safe."

"All day," added Aiden.

"And all night."

The twins looked towards Amelia and the girl simply exhaled. "Fine, but I'm joining you. I won't let two amateurs steal my job." Aiden rolled her eyes as Scott got off his bike, walking towards the girl. "And besides, Argent said that they are going after the supernatural. So I'm terrified for my life."

Scott and Amelia started walking to the door of the school side by side while the twins were following the two.

"Have you talked to Stiles?" He questioned the girl. "You guys had a pretty rough fight at the party."

"You saw?" He shook his head. "Then... how do you know?"

Scott placed a hand on his heart, making the girl roll her eyes. "I'm partially joking... I heard your heartbeat up at the roof next to Kira, and then I proceeded to hear your conversation."

"I would be mad if it wasn't because of some shadow demonic ninjas were chasing you." He chuckled. "He has this theory, you know? About the link."

"What is it?" Scott asked her.

"That are different types of supernatural links between protectors and creatures. Like, I protect the same, but I'm connected to you guys in different ways."

Scott nodded. "And what would those ways be?"

"Heart, mind and soul." Scott frowned. "It's just a theory, but it kinda makes sense. There's some ways I connect to Derek and Isaac that are easier to do with you. Like listening to your heartbeat, noticing if you are angry, or happy. While with Derek, it's easier to connect through his thoughts, through his mind. And with Isaac... with feelings. Feeling what he feels all the time."

"So," he said softly. "I'm soul?"

"You are heart. Stiles says it's because of the way we linked, how I wanted to protect you from my dad killing you... and how we promised that we would trust each other, and you wouldn't kill. He thinks we reached each other's hearts." Scott nodded. "While with Derek, it was more of a mind thing. I figured that he couldn't be the bad guy in my mind, and decided it would be best to make him owe me favors by saving his life, gaining his trust. It was more mental than well, sentimental..."