Chapter 18

~ANEMONE~

Passing through the second veil felt weird since it stirred an unknown feeling in me. It tingled my nerves, an electric like sensation vibrating my whole body and awakening goosebumps on its trail. The veil was nothing out of the ordinary. Appearing in the form of a door, a transparent curtain reaching up to the heavens in the middle of the woods near a clear lake.

The veil was unguarded but it didn't seem like anyone could pass through since it gave off an energy strong enough to ward off humans and even animals of this realm. The lake was clear of water creatures, the skies without birds and the land around it free from wanderers.The only ones that could get close to it without being affected by the veil's energy were the creatures of the other realm, so it was bewildering how human hunters actually managed to pass through without getting hurt.

Upon first look one would think the veil was like any other ordinary curtain, thin and easily passable but it wasn't quite so. The world inside the veil was fogy, the ground wet and the air heavy. It wasn't dark neither was it too bright, just a compitition for space between day and night. Dusk to be more appropriate.

' Born of hope, home to none.'

A soft echo clouded around me, the voice unlike the one from before was welcoming this time. Not dangerous, it instead felt like home, like I was one with it.

' Seal it.'

It whispered, it's gentle breeze caressing my soul and drawing the energy out of me. Abruptly I stopped walking, and tightened my hold on the hands that held me jolting Alaric to react protectively. His other hand wounded itself around my shoulder and his eyes flashed red while I could feel my own eyes burning.

' A world not our own. Home to none.'

" Anemone."

" My King !"

" Ane ?"

" Your Highness?"

So many voices called out at once. It irked my, deeply affected me causing my head to rumble with pain. I wanted to tell them to be silent for a moment, just a minute was enough.

' Seal it. Send us back'.

My body shook and Alaric growled at the hands that tried to grab me. He bared his sharp canines at his subordinates and pulled me behind him, standing guard like shield.

" My King ?"

" Stay away from them !" Someone shouted,
" Be quiet."

' Seal it, Master.' It begged.

I wasn't sure how exactly I was suppose to seal it but I went along with my body which was already moving on its own. My free hand was faced downwards and I could feel my energy escaping from my body, down my palms and towards the ground.

The fog cleared away almost instantly and light surrounded us. While Alaric, Kairus, Azrael, Lucas and Atticus looked around in awe, Aiden took this distraction to reach for me. With hands reaching forward and eyes glowing green, he slipped past Alaric and pulled me towards him.

I didn't understand why he felt the need to protect me from Alaric knowing Alaric was my mate and wouldn't hurt me or even think to. He wrapped his arms around me almost possessively, leaving me confused at his action. His eyes flashed translucent to green, and his sharp teeth were bared at Alaric.

Alaric noticed my absence behind him a little too late but when he did he reacted without delay. He growled low, dangerously and eyes burning with rage. Half transformed, his eyes flared a deep red, his wolf ears sharp and alert and his canines growing larger.