Chapter 15

Anemone

The large expanse of land that welcomed us was covered by a canopy of tall thick pine trees stretching far and wide. The floors were blanketed by a layer of dried pine leaves except for the small trail of a path that led deep into the woods.

Alaric's raven hair of a mess seemed to shine under the sun as he stood tall besides me with an unknown pride and happiness in his eyes. His dark orbs flickered my way and held mine in place, a small smile playing on his lips. His arms around me rubbed my shoulders in a comforting way as we waited for the Dragon shifter.

In a split second of time, the air crackled with a strange sound and before us stood two men ; the same men who had accompanied Alaric when they came to capture me.

Both men were heavily well built much like Alaric, standing almost at six and a half feet tall; a giant in comparison to my five feet seven inches height. Admittedly so, I didn't mind much about our size difference because all supernatural beings were always bigger in size.

" These are my most trusted generals." Alaric introduced as the two men bowed slightly in respect. By their unique scents, it was easy to identify who was the dragon shifter and who was the demon but it was hard to tell which general was more powerful since they had restrained letting loose of their auras.

Probably so as not to overwhelm me.

" This is Kairus Kane-" the man being introduced stepped forward and shook my hand firmly. His hands were warm like I expected it to be and much bigger than mine, making my hands look almost like a child's hand.
" And this is Azrael Lucient."

Kairus stepped back for the other to be introduced who smirked slightly as he grabbed my offered hand with both of his large one's. His hands were neither hot nor cold, just had a weird feeling to it. Strange and unknown as though our hands did not belong together. The difference was like heaven and hell which shouldn't have ever come in contact with one another.

Azrael didn't let go of my hand as he studied me with a bizzare look in his glowing amber eyes. His raven hair cascaded down his waist like a sea of black, dancing slightly in the wind. His skin was a beautiful tan of every woman's desire and his features were sharp and perfect. His muscles like Alaric ran all over his body in a strong bundle of nerves, not too muscular to make him look like a heavyweight bodybuilder but just perfect to run one's fingers along the folds and curves.

He was a breathtaking man but no matter how perfect he was, something about him troubled me immensely. We could've known each other for forever, be friends for a lifetime but we could never fit together.

It didn't feel right with him, it was not uncomfortable or hard to get along but it wasn't just right.

I didn't know why he bothered me so much, why his aura troubled me to no ends or why his presence alone felt suffocating but something at the back of my mind told me that it was instinct to be uneasy around him.

" Azrael." Alaric's voice seemed to pierce through me, ringing down my eardrums and causing a sharp pain to drive through my head.

Azrael immediately let go of my hand, jolting me back to reality and crashing into Alaric who instantly caught hold of me with a worried look in his eyes.
" Ane ?"

His voice was quieter and softer yet I flinched in response. His gaze flickered and I understood the severity of the situation so I blinked several times before allowing a smile to graze my lips. That seemed to ease his worries and he smiled in return but I caught the silent warning in his eyes as he glanced towards Azrael.

" Anemone is my Mate." Alaric's voice was firm with a dangerous tone that seemed to challenge any objections. His eyes were glowing red in warning and his canines elongated as he glared down at Azrael who quickly averted his gaze and fell down on his knees.