Chapter 2

I followed the smell of pancakes and bacon, letting it guide my way as I navigated along the huge corridors. The halls were magnificent with doors slightly left opened on both sides. Each door had a number plastered to it like a hotel room, the number twenty however caught my attention because it was still shut tight.

Perhaps the owner of the room is still asleep.

With that though in mind I passed the remaining doors and stumbled down the stairs. I followed the loud noise and the divine aroma of food, landing myself in a huge dinner surrounded by wolves of all sizes.

None of them noticed me at first because I didn't have a scent on me, it was only when I tried to take a step back to escape the room that several pairs of eyes landed on me. Their hearing was applaud worthy.

My nerves were a wreck as ten pairs of eyes stared at me. They were all double my size with their Alpha almost triple standing at six feet ten unlike my five foot five height. But they were all werewolves so size wasn't much of a problem in comparison to a normal like me.

Their eyes followed me as I staggered by to sit down where the Alpha's mate had gestured for. The seat was smaller in comparison to the rest, a white cushioned chair sitting in sharp contrast to the grand mahogany furniture. 

Atticus, the Alpha's mate, the one who I met in the forest made an informal introduction of the pack members who stared at me without a shame. I couldn't be mad at them for the awe and perplexity in their eyes, I stood like an odd ball in comparison to the rest. Small with discolored eyes and platinum silver hair, I would be interested in myself too if I were in their place.

I awkwardly fumbled with the hem of my shirt waiting for them to throw their questions at me. Minutes passed by but they all just stared at me making me more uncomfortable than I already was. My hunger was killing me but I couldn't force myself on their breakfast that laid dangerously close to me on the table.

" You have violet and blue eyes !" The amber eyed guy who was introduced as Calum Harrow pointed out the obvious earning himself a smack from Atticus Smith.

" Don't be rude." Atticus scolded like a mother while Calum rubbed the back of his head like a petulant child.

Atticus had dark hazel eyes in comparison to Lucas's sky blue eyes. They were an odd pair. While Atticus was kind and had a warm smile Lucas on the other hand had a cold gaze with a constant frown.

Atticus tanned skin was lighter than Lucas and while he seemed buff and huge for me he looked small in comparison to Lucas who was a giant among the gang of ten.

Lucas Smith, the Alpha of the Blue Moon pack was someone you wouldn't want to mess with. After they told me their pack name I finally realized that I wasn't that far away from home but that news wasn't something to parade over either.

The Blue Moon pack was the most powerful pack in the continent or perhaps the world, feared by all creatures not just for their strength, prowess and abilities but also because of their number.

I am truly lucky to be sitting here unharmed amidst the Alpha, the Luna, the beta and the seven best warriors of their pack. These ten were the most feared who had direct access to their King, who were personally trained by that beast of a demon they called King.

The strength of the pack rested in the fact that this pack not only consists of over five thousand wolves but also had a good number of vampires and other creatures of the dark to call itself a family. This family or what they called it, was once at constant war with each other but after the birth of their King, a werewolf and a vampire hybrid peace finally came upon the land.