The Love Potion

Chapter 6 – Preys And Beasts

Bile rose up in my throat I couldn’t bear to look at her anymore. I turned around to walk away from this horrible scene only to be faced with another horror. Two beasts just like the ones I had seen in the magic shop were looking at me. They began to move slowly but dangerously towards me. What should I do? Should I run, could I outrun theses dangerous dogs or was I going to finally die?

I took small slow steps backwards, trying to gain some distance between myself and the beasts, I knew any sudden movements which seemed like I was running would only make them charge after me.

Seconds ticked by slowly I watched them watching me, my heart was pounding and I was scared, I remembered what happened at the magic shop and I knew I was in big trouble unless I managed to escape from these two beasts.

Everything faded away, all I could see was the two beasts watching me, my back collided with a wall and I shuddered, I had stupidly locked myself in a corner, I looked around desperately searching for something…….anything to help me get away from them, the only thing beside me was a flower pot which had somehow managed not to be broken, without a second hesitation I grabbed it and threw it at one of them, he tried to duck but it hit him on the head.

It was all I needed, they were temporarily distracted I did a u-turn and found myself at the bottom of our staircase, I took the stairs three at a time, they were getting closer I could hear them growling angrily behind me. I knew my attempt at escaping was feeble but what was I supposed to do stand there and let them chew me alive with those jaws.

My left leg got caught in something painful and I screamed, I turned around to inspect what it was and found one of the beasts holding my leg in between his dog like mouth. Its canine teeth had pierced into the flesh of my left leg and now my leg was oozing blood.

Before I could figure how to get away from it, it yanked my leg forward. I let out a blood curling scream as pain shot through my leg, this one was not a dream this was real. As it yanked me forward I lost my balance and hit my head on the porcelain floor, everything started to spin, I tasted blood in my own mouth.

“Get it over with.” I said bravely, they had already killed my step-mother and now they were going to kill me, there was no use fighting because I didn’t have the strength or the brains to outsmart them.

“Where is the boy?” The beast growled.

I knew he was referring to Kevin but I wasn’t about to say anything. “Screw you.” I spat at him.

His reply to my cheeky answer was stepping on my left leg, I tried not to scream but it was impossible, I felt like a thousand sharp needles  were been inserted into my leg, the more I screamed the more pressure he applied on the injured leg. I cried and begged but they just laughed.

“Are you going to tell me where the boy is or would you like me to hurt you some more?” The beast said, at this point I didn’t know who was speaking because black dots had blurred my vision and I couldn’t see anything anymore.

“Little girl you better talk because if you think you know pain I can assure you you’re wrong, we can define a whole new level of pain if you don’t talk to us.” The beast with yellow eyes spoke.

“g-go tt-to hell.” I managed to say amidst all the pain surging up and down my body.

“Fine then…..”

“Wait she’s losing too much blood and we need her and the boy alive.” One of the beasts argued.

“So.” The other replied I sensed a lot of irritation in his voice.