The Love Potion - Don't Die

Chapter 12 – Don’t Die

For the next two days after Zoë’s visit, I stayed in my room with a feeling of complete dejection, there was no way I was ever going to defeat Zoë, she was too powerful, the only reason I had managed to stay alive this long was because I had been lucky and the heart break nonsense which was preventing Zoë from performing the spell, other than that I would be dead like my stepmother and Gloria.

I had completely given up, no matter what I did I knew I would die, so what was the point in fighting a battle you already had lost beforehand.

Maybe I ought to go out there and do something stupid like rob a bank seeing as my days were numbered.

“Christina.” My dad called from my closed doorway.

Poor dad, he had lost his wife and he was about to lose me too, he just didn’t know it yet, I tried not to picture the horror he would go through once Zoë finally succeeded in killing me.

“Yeah.” I called out.

He opened the door and stepped in, “Christina I need you to come with to the hospital.” He announced.

I frowned and sat up immediately, my heart started to thump quickly, what was wrong this time. “Dad did something happen.” I asked anxiously.

“No no….” he quickly assured me. “Nothing, I just have to pick up some files and I would like you to come with me.”

“Oh.” I said. My heart rate slowed down. I sighed before I spoke again “Dad I don’t feel like getting up today from this bed.” I told him gloomily.

“I wasn’t asking you I’m telling you. I’m not leaving you alone in this house so you can run off and do God knows what.” He was staring at my bruised wrist gain.

I rolled my eyes, “Fine I’ll come.” I muttered.

“Good.” He smiled at me satisfied. “And on the way we can discuss what is going on with you.”

“Whatever.” I muttered but thankfully he didn’t hear that.

I was beginning to dread coming to this hospital, every time I came here something bad happened or was happening.

“Why do you have that look on your face?” My dad asked me, I looked into his face, for a minute I had forgotten he was there.

I shrugged, “What look.” I asked.

He didn’t answer he just studied me carefully.

It made me feel uncomfortable and I wished he would stop. “Dad stop it I know you are worried but I’m doing my best to deal with it.”

“Dealing with what.” He asked with a deep frown.

The heck I if know, I was making things up so he would leave me alone. “My mom’s death.” I blurted out without meaning to.

Immediately I said this his expression softened, and he reached for me and gave me a rib cracking hug, it made me feel like a jerk, I shouldn’t be lying to him about such things.

“Christina I will always be here in case you need me.” He said softly whiles hugging me, I nodded unable to speak because of all the emotions that was clogging my throat.

“Ok wait for me here I’ll right back.” He said after he let me go.

“Ok.” I said, after he left I went towards an empty chair and sat down, I was currently on the first floor of the hospital.