The Love Potion.

Chapter 4- Tortured Dreams

Insomnia, after what happened with the yellow eyed witch I never wanted to sleep again. I didn't know what she could do to me in my sleep and I wasn't willing to risk finding out. The end result of this was three straight days without sleep. My eyes were swollen my brain was overloaded and begging for more sleep. I knew eventually I would have to close my eyes but I wanted to postpone it as long as I possibly could.

At 1am in the evening I was still pacing up and down my room restless. Was it insomnia if your body wanted to sleep but you wouldn't allow it to? I was so tired but I didn't want to sleep. The lights in my bedroom flickered on suddenly and I jumped startled.

"Honey its 1 am what are you doing up at this hour." My step-mother asked.

"Er I can't sleep." I lied.

"oh.....ok how about we go downstairs and watch a movie together." she offered with a smile.

I nodded, any activity that would keep me up I was good to go. I followed her down the stairs, my eyes were burning. We sat in the sofa and she put Die Hard four in the DVD. Before she even pressed play I had fallen asleep.

The minute I heard the terrible scream and saw myself in the foggy woods I knew what had happened. "Oh no." I mumbled. My voice trembled with fear.

"Welcome." I heard the yellow eyed woman say.

I looked around for Kevin but he wasn't there, it was just me. This petrified me, when Kevin was around at least I felt I wasn't alone but I guess today it was going to be just me.

"You're going to pay for what you did to my son right now. I may not be able to find you in real life but here I can do whatever I want with you in this realm." She said staring at me with hate.

I swallowed hard, I wanted to tell her I was really sorry and try to say something that would get her off my back but I didn't know how to do it or what to say.

She raised her hand and my body flew on its own accord towards a tree, instead of falling after I hit the tree, I was hanging mid air on the tree. The yellowed eyed witch came to stand in front of me. A knife floated suddenly into the air towards me. I watched the knife very afraid.

The knife suddenly slashed my stomach; blood didn't pour out even though it should have, I however, felt the ache all the same. She continued to cut me with the knife and I yelled in pain. For hours I was tied to that tree and tortured. I begged and I cried but she wouldn't stop. Finally she stepped back and smiled. My body was drenched in sweat instead of blood; I still hadn't seen any blood. I knew this was a dream but it hurt all the same.

"Good....... Now we're gonna talk about something very important." The yellow eyed woman said pacing up and down. The knife was still floating in the air.

"Where can I find you and that boy?" She asked.

I spat at her before I answered. "Do you think I'm stupid? I won't tell you anything." I said bravely.

"Are really that thick, do you want me to torture you some more." She hissed at me.

"Do whatever you want, at some point am gonna wake up and you'll be gone."

This angered her she lifted the knife in the air and slit my throat. Darkness clouded me and I woke up.

"Christina what is wrong with you." My step-mother bellowed.

"What." I said still disoriented, immediately I noticed my sister Brianna and my step mother were standing over me with worried expressions on their face.

"You kept on screaming, we tried to wake you up but you wouldn't wake up." Brianna said very worried.

"Er..... I had a nightmare." I said trying to sit up, I noticed I didn't have any cuts on my body but there was this dull ache all over my body.

"We called dad when you wouldn't wake up he's on his way, we thought you were dying or something." Brianna said still worried.

"What....... he's on the night shift I don't want to bother him." I snapped at her..

"Christina you scared us, we couldn't wake you up and we didn't know what else to do." My step-mother argued. She came to sit by me and handed me a cup of hot chocolate. I stared at the brown liquid with disgust. After what I had gone through the last thing I wanted at the moment was a cup of hot chocolate.

"Drink it." my step-mother said firmly.

The next day I went to see Kevin, at first he didn't want to talk to me but when I told him about how the woman had tortured him he changed his mind.

"Ok this is getting way out of hand we need to see someone about this thing......... before one of us is killed." He said clearly upset.

"What can we do, the magic shop is closed, we can't reverse this love potion because the woman who sold it to me is dead and I can't go back to the magic shop to undo it because who knows what might be waiting for me there again." I said frustrated.

"Don't worry about that, I've been making some calls and I found us a sorceress a few miles away from here. We will go and see her because I'm told she can fix this thing." Kevin said with a smile.

"Kevin are you sure because I swear if we don't resolve this love potion thing I'm never going to sleep ever again."

"Don't worry princess I won't let anyone hurt you again." Kevin said with a smile. He winked at me and I laughed.

Oh Kevin, when he was nice to me my heart did summersaults. He was a really great person once he stopped screaming at me or calling me a witch. I went to sit on his bed and we spent the rest of the day discussing how we were going to see the sorceress and our favorite movies of all time.

Somewhere in my brain, I knew I was slowly falling in love with him. The problem was I didn't know if it was the love potion at work. If it was the love potion then I wondered what would happen once we reversed it, would I lose Kevin forever? The thought of losing him hurt more than the pain the yellow eyed woman had put me through. this realisation made me flinch in surprise, I didn't know what the future held for kevin and I but I hoped to God it was going to end happily.

Yet something in my brain kept on insisting one of us may have to die........

                                                            To be continued.....................

Thanks for reading, commenting, voting and fanning. J J J