In his hands (angsty smut)

You couldn't look at him, not anymore. Not without feeling sick.

His hands were on her, hers on him. It just served as a painful reminder of what you couldn't have. What you'd never have.

She giggled at his jokes as he twirled her around. She was beautiful. Like crazy beautiful. The song ended and they parted with a kiss to her cheek. She smiled at him and walked away. You watched his gaze follow her. He looked up at you and smiled. You quickly looked away and set your glass down.

You could feel his eyes on you as you walked to the bar. You tried to ignore it as the familiar sick feeling filled your stomach. You leaned against the bar and nodded to the bartender.

"Something strong, I'm guessing?" He said.

You nodded. He poured a shot of strong liquor and handed it to you. You smiled and downed it. You nodded to him and looked around the room. You locked eyes with Bucky for a second, then tore your eyes away.

You couldn't stand it. You felt sick, confused, and somewhat hurt. You set the glass down and crossed your arms. You gave him one last look, before walking off.

You shook your head to clear your thoughts. You walked straight out to the balcony, giving Natasha a look before heading out. Natasha knew about your feelings for Bucky, and you often went to her to talk about them, since she had a history with him.

You leaned against the glass railing and raked your hands through your hair.

"Y/n?" Bucky said.

You looked up, but not back at him. You tilted your head in his direction.

"Uh, hey." You said.

He walked up and leaned on the railing next to you.

"Having fun?" He asked.

"I guess you could say that." You said.

You kept your head angled away and your eyes down, so you wouldn't have to look at him. You could feel his eyes burning a hole into your skull.

"Why are you out here? Everyone's inside." You said.

"I could ask you the same thing." He said.

"I asked first." You said.

"Touché." He said.

"Well, you looked upset, so I thought I'd come out and see what was wrong." He said.

"Thank you, but I'm fine." You said.

"You didn't look fine." He said.

"Bad drink." You said.

"Sure." He said sarcastically.

Bucky stepped closer to you.

"Why are you out here?" He asked again.

"To get away from you." You said bitterly.

You brushed past him and walked inside. He scoffed and walked after you. He grabbed your wrist and spun you to face him.

"Where the hell did that come from?" He asked.

You gave him a look and ripped your hand from his grip.

"I have to go." You said.

Bucky grabbed your forearm tightly.

"What are you-"

"What did I do?" He asked.

"Nothing." You said.

"Obviously I did, otherwise you wouldn't be acting like this." He said.