19 | ibiza

19 | ibiza

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Thank you." I muse as Matteo lifts me into his arms and helps me onto the helicopter. This skirt is gonna be the absolute death of me. Matteo chuckles and steps in behind me.

"You're welcome, amor." He says, buckling us in together and resting a set of headphones over my ears. After adjusting it, he pecks my lips and puts his own ones on before leaning forward to speak to the pilot in Spanish.

Before I know it we're taking off and I have to bury my face in Matteo's chest. I'm not the biggest fan of heights — and I probably should've told him that but he did this for me so it's not like I could just demean his efforts.

He kisses the top of my head and holds me, regardless. Finally, when we're stable enough in the air, I gather the strength to peer outside and I'm immediately taken back in awe.

The lit up city of Valencia is nothing compared to the sight of us flying over the Mediterranean Sea. I close my eyes and try not to throw up at the thought of us suddenly crashing and drowning.

Don't think about it.

Matteo and I linger in a comfortable silence, his hand holding mine and eyes cast out to the sea. I, in turn, stare at him. He's such a handsome man — so kind, compassionate, genuine, and his need to spoil me makes me fall in deeper.

I wouldn't call it love — it's only been two and a half weeks, but whew, it's getting there.

He's the one that deserves everything and more. And I intend to give him just that — not just with my body, but with my actions. I'm going to do whatever it takes to treat him with the kindness and respect and affection he's shown me.

Forty-five minutes pass before we touch down at our destination and I'm still in the dark about where we are. If I didn't know any better, I would still assume he's a serial killer.

I swear I'm kidding.

"Gracias!" I yell to the pilot over the sound of the rotor blades chopping through the air. He responds with a thumbs up before Matteo lifts me out of the helicopter and instead of putting me down so I can walk alongside him, he carries me the rest of the way to an awaiting car.

"You didn't have to carry me the whole way, Teo." I snicker, eyes stuck on his as he sets me down gently by the passenger seat, "Although, I do appreciate it."

"Hmm," He kisses me and hums against my lips, "You're una reina, bebita. And you deserve to be treated as such."

Swoon.